Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finally up to highway speed and now I have realized that my car is bouncing up and down-out of control on those areas where the road has ridges. I does good on smooth road though.

My suspension setup is 30" BFG-all terrain tires with OME springs and shocks - spring under. Is this the result of heavy duty springs for the front? I was planning on putting an ARB bumper on the front, will this weigh it down? The balance job seems ok also.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
how much air in your tires
sounds like shocks to me

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
a 150" wheelbase should smooth it right out....:)

·
ZUK Herder
4,496 Posts
better shocks and less air in the tires

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
maybe you have the spring bolts too tight, or tightened them when the vehicle weight wasn't on them?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Dude,

This is on concrete hiway, right? Each "ridge" is like a little jump.

Mine did this straight off the showroom, and I had the "plush" 1994 suspension.

To be frank, that is one drawback to the SWB Samurai. Net effect is when you go over them, the truck "jumps" off each ridge. You can try damping it, but it's still going to be a problem. Hellz, my lifted Toy IFS does it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes - concrete hwy. That's exactly what it's like, jumping. It doesn't help that I have heavy duty shocks on front and back. I ordered heavy duty only for the front since I was going to put a heavy bumper on, but Rocky-Road sent both front and back- heavy duty. This was before I knew better than to order from them.

Anyway, I would rather not deal with them again than have to wait another lifetime for them to process my request! :flipoff2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts