Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Vendor
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Adjustable from 1.5" dia to 12.5" dia in 1/2" increments.

There are 4 laser etched markings on the circle cutting plate 0.50", 0.75", 1.00"and 1.25". Each large hole is 1.00" apart. The laser etched markings are their stated value far away from the first large hole.

Example 1: You need to make a 6.0" dia or 3.0' radius hole you would thread in the brass thumb screw into the laser etched 1.00" hole and insert your plasma tip into the 3rd large hole, thus making a 6.0" dia circle.

Example 2: You need to cut a 5.5" dia or 2.75" radius hole you would thread in the brass thumb screw into the laser etched 0.75" and insert your plasma tip into the 2nd hole.

Note the large holes are .398" in dia. If your plasma/torch tip is larger then you will need to drill out the holes to desired dia.

Kit contains circle cutting plate and one brass thumb screw.

http:
//swagoffroad.com/Plasma_Circle_Cutter.html

SWAG Off Road Plasma Torch Circle Cutter - YouTube

Plasma Circle Cutter 1.jpg

P1070535-12.jpg

P1070540-12.JPG

Troy.

·
Vendor
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
June 2011 JP mag, Swag Off Road was rewarded in the new featured product section for the Plasma Circle Cutter. This little widget should be called the "Sober Stick", as trying to free hand a plasma cut circle........well you know how it looks.

Thanks again, Troy

Attachments

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Any thoughts on a version with a magnet? Would eliminate the need for a hole to pivot on.

·
Registered
210 Posts

It works pretty good with the torch. The only problem I had was not being able to see the flame. I'm no pro on the torch as you can tell. But this will save lots of grinder time.
Awesome idea.

FORDpickupman

·
Registered
684 Posts
Just received mine yesterday, had to try it out immediately.
Tried on some Sheet metal that was attached to the bottom of a go-kart frame.
Worked pretty good, Auto Center Punch not so much... it is sort of a bolt action center punch:mad: I just used it on some quarter inch cold rolled... Impressed really... The edge is pretty smooth. I had to drill out the holes to 11/32 for my Hypertherm PM30... the material drills like butter. But do yourself a favor and drill from both sides not all the way through. then I had to do just a touch of deburring. Also just a recommendation get an O-Ring that fits on your Plasma Nozzle and slip it on there so the torch doesn't slip out of the guide (happened to me and if I wasn't quick on the trigger I would now have a couple shorter ones! very little grinder work was necessary... Can't post pics just now but will as soon as I can. Thanks again Troy!:beer:

Pics: I radiused the ends of a couple 1/4" CRS Drops for the Lead hangers on my welding cart.

·
Nose to grindstone
8,178 Posts
Slick!

·
Registered
684 Posts
Here is a tip, Took a Cheap Magnetic Hook from the Horror Fright Place

Remove the Screw in Hook, Drill out the threads so the brass screw just fits...

Going to also add a screw in glide like a Nylon or Teflon Screw on the opposite end from my center...

Anyway no way I can video cutting but it works pretty well this is Quarter inch Corroded Hot Roll which included an Angle Iron welded across the cut...

30 Amps, you can see several of the marks where I slipped out of the holes... A Silcone O-Ring helps alleviate this.

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
Troy. Im interested in one of these for my new hypertherm powermax 30xp. How big are the torch holes on your current models? Do you have any with larger holes? What do people mean use an oring to keep torch from slipping out?

·
Vendor
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Troy. Im interested in one of these for my new hypertherm powermax 30xp. How big are the torch holes on your current models? Do you have any with larger holes? What do people mean use an oring to keep torch from slipping out?
We intentinoally make the holes smaller then they need to be. We have them cut at .25"OD , you drill them out the desired dia you need.

Assuming you have a drag tip on your plasma cutter you should not have any issues with the tip jumping out of the hole. If the material you are working with is smooth /clean then keep the tip firmly pressed against the metal should not be an issue.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks Troy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts