Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
figured i would put it here as its for my mall cruizer not my trail beater :flipoff2:

but seriously.
Do the 34 inch LTB's suck ? they will see 70% road and %30 nasty east coast muddy trails. I am not all that worried about road quality they just cant die in 2 months and cup.
or what CHEAP 34-35 16inch rim mud tire is out there

read CHEAP !!! :D

anyone try the walmart MT or any other low end brand?

thanks

·
Registered
648 Posts
got 2 buddys that run em one on an xj which sees about 70 road 30 trails and 1 on a trail only rig.. not as bad on the road as one would think but 15k would be my guess out of em he only runs road to da trails.... good on the trails.. except any time they are under 10psi they pop beads like crazy.. i mean annoying crazy... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
21,239 Posts
I've been running 34x10.5 LTBs on my CJ5's factory 15x7" rims. I go about 8psi offroad without popping beads. Probably helps that the vehicle is lighter than the aforementioned XJ.

They are very sticky, very soft compound. I'd go along with the 15-20K life expectancy. They're noisy on-road, pretty much the same as any TSL. Sidewall strength is very good, haven't had one cut in the rocky, stumpy clear-cut that I usually play around in.

Other cheap tires I've had experience with (either having or witnessing) include the General Grabber and the Wal-Mart Super Sports. Both seemed to grab fine (about as well as your average BFG-MT type tire, nowhere near as well as the LTBs) but had weak sidewalls. Much better road manners, as you'd expect from a radial.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I went with 35x12.5 Mud King, for $105 per tire, can't beat that.

Brad

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WBDISCO said:
I went with 35x12.5 Mud King, for $105 per tire, can't beat that.

Brad
know any one online who sells it or if it is even offered in a 16 inch rim?

i had them on my jeep a while ago, nice beater tire :D

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
my LTBs are great, i'd consider buying another set if my truck wasn't my only mode of transportation. not really looking forward to winter driving on them...

other than having kind of crappy traction on wet slick concrete, they're great tires. they ride quieter and smoother than my old buckshots and i have very little treadwear after 7000 miles. if i had another truck to drive around to work and such, i'd be dead set on buying another set of these tires, but since my truck is a :rainbow: pavement pounder for the time being i might get some mud kings or some other radial m/t for the next set

·
Registered
12,010 Posts
I also have the 34's LTB's - I grooved and siped them - work great for my application. Did Moab, Rubicon, Big Bear, Johnson Valley, etc. - No complaints. I run bead locks and about 6 psi up front, 5 in the rear. Some chunking, though not too bad. You will hear them on the street - but my SM420 is louder!

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have 33/13.5 ltbs and love them. Well wearing for bias and excellent tread offroad. Ive had them aired down and had no problems. Toy pickup by the way. Noisy though and like kyle, not looking forward to winter with them as I live in colorado. If my truck didnt go wheeling, I would have BFGs or similar.

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
i found 315/75/r16 dunlop radial mud rovers for $139
anyone have any luck with these?

it seems like not a whole bunch of companies make a "cheap" 34 or larger in a 16

:::edit::: also the maxxis buckshot mudder, any good or crap?

·
Banned
1,836 Posts
Tire stuff.......

As long as you dont have a lot of snow and rain, I would stick with the LTB'S, They are a good wheelin tire with good road manners..( for a bias tire) I was down in central Texas for a few months and saw a lot of people running the buck shots and other ((cheap)) tires... I wouldnt pute that chit on my any ones truck............. Just my opinion, take it for whats its worth... :smokin: :beer:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts