Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 66' U-14 early Bronco not on the road at this time, but I also have a front sway bar from a 74' Bronco. The 66' never had any sway bars, but never had a lift either. I was going to try putting the sway bar on my rig, but try to retro fit diconnect linkes to them for wheeling.

Jeeps have disconnect links available for their sway bars. How come no one has done this for the Bronco?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Don't even bother, there has been more non swaybar trucks than with.
Swaybars are for fast road driving not for offroad use.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't even bother, there has been more non swaybar trucks than with.
Swaybars are for fast road driving not for offroad use.
Do you see where I live!
The Bronco most likely is going to be a street vehicle, but if I ever take it on a trail I don't want a sway bar to restrict any movement.

So are you saying don't even put one on at all? Because it's not really needed even for road use?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Never wished I had one on my 70 with a 3 1/2 lift. And it never leaves the highway.
Thanks for the info!
Mine also has a 3 1/2 inch lift, but I also have a 3 inch body lift going on it.

·
Safety third!
11,374 Posts
Do you see where I live!
The Bronco most likely is going to be a street vehicle, but if I ever take it on a trail I don't want a sway bar to restrict any movement.

So are you saying don't even put one on at all? Because it's not really needed even for road use?
Drive it like it's a small, top heavy SUV and not like a race car, and you'll be fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts