Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sway bar front or rear????

I searched and found 22187 threads. None very specific. How would you decide? weight ? I see some rigs with them on the rear and Im shure they wern't ass heavy. Im waiting to drive mine before I decide what to do. Im just curious what yall did.

Dan

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
It was my impression that most rock buggies w/ swaybars used like a rear TJ swaybar, or a currie anti-rock in the rear end. :confused:

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Dan Dibble said:

Ok why?????
because climbing more weight transfers to rear and then you also have torque roll.

so you want rear particully right rear not to colapse on you while climbing. and front to stay pliable.

don't use to stiff of one or decents can get sketch

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Moab Austin said:

because climbing more weight transfers to rear and then you also have torque roll.

so you want rear particully right rear not to colapse on you while climbing. and front to stay pliable.

Good reply:) This makes sense.

Keep em comming

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Moab Austin said:

Good answer, you could also say that a front sway bar would force the front end to unload quicker if what you were climbing was uneven. I was thinking of using independant torsion bars to add resistance to the coilovers unloading.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Dan Dibble said:
sway bar front or rear????

I searched and found 22187 threads. None very specific. How would you decide? weight ? I see some rigs with them on the rear and Im shure they wern't ass heavy. Im waiting to drive mine before I decide what to do. Im just curious what yall did.

Dan
This thread sucks without pics. ;) How about it Dan

That being said, my buggy currently don't run one, but my rear springs are kinda stiff for the weight back there. It's not ass heavy, though it would still be interesting to see what it does for it's climbing ability. That's the only place I can see it benefitting you.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
If you want to get a High Quality Swaybar, contact Tony K on the board, or go to http://www.rockequipment.com/hot.htm

He makes the swaybars, and go probably tell you what you need

By the way, the link i posted takes you directly to the page with the swaybars

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
I would run one in the front and/or a soft one in the rear. Most vehicles are nose heavy so controlling the front will have more effect in off camber and high speed situations. If you have an overly stiff rear end it will be very easy to lift the inside rear tire when goofing off with the skinny pedel, I havent experianced this with a locked vehicle but I bet the locker would make this experiance even more interesting.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Check with stock car suppliers. There are companies that make all sorts of different stiffness sway bars (straight bar) and end links of different lengths for tune-ability. They may be cheeper than the Anti-rock bars too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts