Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there any "rules" on max sway bar link angles?
i know that it should be kept as vertical to the axis as possible during the motion. witch is turning out to be a real chalenge in my situation.
any imput would be apreciated

·
Registered
9,864 Posts
I'm assuming that what you're saying is that you're trying to get the links (the rods with the spherical rod ends at each end) to sit at a 90° angle to the ground.

Mine are currently close to vertical but I've got friends telling me different things about the angles that the arms (the black powder coated pieces) should sit at. One says that the arms should be parallel with the ground and one says they should be parallel with the lower control arm angle (I've got a short arm kit) and another says that close to parallel with the frame directly next to them is fine.

I've been experimenting with different settings to improve the street handling since it's also my DD. With a single triangulated four link, my shocks seem to get used as limiting straps too often if I get on it in turns. The rear Anti-Rock has helped with this, but I know it could be better. I've been experimenting with different set-ups since I'm going to Moab next month. My goal has been to limit body roll (and therefore rear steer) since I feel that will make it better on the street and the trail.

The problem I'm having (and it sounds like you are too) is that the links are too long to get them perfectly vertical. They're close, but I'd have to cut length out of them to get them to exactly 90°.

·
Registered
122 Posts
The most important thing to do when installing a anti-rock is to cycle the suspension! At ride hight the anti-rock should be in the middle of the suspension travel. In most cases the black arm will be at a silght upward angle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts