Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I take off the sway bars on my 97 f250... will it make me have less traction? Also will it let me have more flex? What other advantages or disadvantages will I have?:confused:

·
Registered
636 Posts
take em off, it will give you better flex. The only thing that will happen is youll get a bit of body, roll and that is fun stuff let me tell you first hand!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what aboutevery day road use and high way travingin its my dd ?

·
Registered
42 Posts
OFF!!

·
Registered
636 Posts
if its your DD get disconects if it worries you too much. But ill tell you they dont make a whole lot of diference unless your pulling a load.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanx
where can i get disconnects ? and how much r they ?

·
Registered
185 Posts
SA or TTB? If it's a solid axle truck then get rid of them, I've been driving my SuperDuty without sway bars for a couple of years now and it actually rides better without them.

JP

·
Premium Member
7,142 Posts
If you don't tow take them off, but on Ford Broncos when you take them off, you get about 2 inches in the front.
If you tow, you should get some JKS swaybar disconnects.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
The body roll is a lot less if you have aftermarket shocks , like ranchos or procraps... You can ditch the sway bars, it will help off road. Is this one of those bastard f250's, in the 150 body style? If it's a real F250, then your good..

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
I own a 4x4 F250 Powerstroke crewcab and was also considering removing the swaybar. I also was thinking of maybe just fabbing up some disconnects. I need to do one or the other, because as it is I bent the end links, when it got hung up on a concrete divider between two parking lots (was only 6 inches on one side... but oops, about 2 feet on the other :D ). Anyway the endlink is bent now and rubs the front leaf springs when I am cornering. My only concern is that this is one HEAVY truck, and it is mostly my DD but it does see some off camber and rough trails on occasion, I also use it to pull my trail rig. I was wanting to know what effect it would have on a pulling a heavy trailer if the front swaybar is removed?

·
Registered
147 Posts
If it were mine and I towed I would completely remove the rear and either set the front up with quick disconnects or run some decent stiff aftermarket shocks. I stuck a solid axle under an explorer with soft springs and I run dual shocks and it sways a bit but it rides nice and makes getting on the trail much faster. But as stiff as your ride probably is from the factory I would think you would be fine without it. Try it just disconnect it and see how it feels to you.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have a 89 Bronco running 38's both swaybars are gone i tow a 26 ft trailer at times used to be a little hairy but since i started to use a distibution hitch not to bad. if you want good articulation get rid of the bars.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts