Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
How come the front pinion is upside down?
How does it work having the front upside down, and the rear right side up?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Blazr77400 said:
How come the front pinion is upside down?
How does it work having the front upside down, and the rear right side up?
Good point. Looks like the whole front housing has been flipped to give right hand drop. Maybe there is some trick drive reverser in the front output to make the front prop drive backwards???? Or maybe it is RWD only
:D

·
Registered
11,647 Posts
Amazing that I have to look at a swedish website to see so many nice Willys. That white volvo thing is so ugly it's cool - what's it called.

Best thing about those pics - didn't see a single TJ ;)

·
Registered
600 Posts
ISUZUROVER said:
Good point. Looks like the whole front housing has been flipped to give right hand drop. Maybe there is some trick drive reverser in the front output to make the front prop drive backwards???? Or maybe it is RWD only
:D
Maybe he wanted an ultra light rig so he took out his reverse gear in the trans and just puts in in front wheel drive when he wants to go in reverse.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I don't mean to sound like a retard but with that mid engine motor, in one of those shots it looks like the rear driveshaft is bolted to the flywheel of the motor. Say it isn't so.

·
Registered
11,647 Posts
slowJEEP said:
I don't mean to sound like a retard but with that mid engine motor, in one of those shots it looks like the rear driveshaft is bolted to the flywheel of the motor. Say it isn't so.
Your a retard ;) That's a Dana 18 transfercase the rear shaft is bolted to

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm i dont know exactly what he did to make it work. But it sure have 4WD -It's bootiefab. (Looks suspicious but works)

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
link

I see a funky high steer, rebar in the steering link, and the general apperance of that "thing" holding the leaf spring down to the funky perch with nyloc nuts on too short pieces of allthread... Pretty out of the box actually. Wouldn't call it booty fab (as I'm sure many other will) :grinpimp:

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Damn ya'll must have Flatties growing on trees there.
Huhu, good luck trying to find a wrangler body here.. I friend had a Wrangler tub and CJ5 hood/fenders and got 15.000:- SEK = 2050$ for it.. Flatfenders are also scarce, but they have the right age to be customized..

Edit: GAWD DAMN, sick tow rig!
Haha, thats one fine tow rig yes! :) Anyway in this country you need a special drivers license if car + trailer (with load) weight is 3500Kilos or greater.. ~3500Kg = 1570lbs?

So if this guy had pulled his ugly volvo and the same trailer with a 1-ton dualy he would be violationg the law :) -But this shitty combo is alright. What would you rather meet down the road?

·
Registered
266 Posts
I still can't get over how everyone over on the other side of the pond will tow stuff with like.. a VW golf. I was over in Germany, and it scared the bejeesus out of me watching a little peugeot 206 pull a 20' + trailer down a grade. Even more impressive was watching them go back up it. :eek:

·
Registered
704 Posts
Red Ibex said:
Could it be a Mercedes Benz g-wagen transfer case ? I believe they are contra-rotating.
My thoughts exactly. Clever way to fix the drivers side drop actually...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts