Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
undeniably cool, but won't a modern 800/850 with a big turbo do close to the same speed? I know there are guys out my way that do 120-130 on the straight stretches on some of the powerline trails using non-racing sleds, not even considering the lakes.

But don't get me wrong - Pulse Jet > not pulse jet.

·
Registered
12,514 Posts
Heh heh, cool. Pulse jets aren't really throttable, are they? :confused:

I found myself looking at the same kind of shit mostly when looking up how to build a junkyard jet engine just to have run on a stand...

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Heh heh, cool. Pulse jets aren't really throttable, are they? :confused:

I found myself looking at the same kind of shit mostly when looking up how to build a junkyard jet engine just to have run on a stand...
Just like a diesel the throttle just controls the fuel flow.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
I know there are guys out my way that do 120-130 on the straight stretches on some of the powerline trails using
It might say that on the speedo, but if measured by GPS, they are doing <100. You get a ton of track slip. My 850 summit says it is doing 80, but in reality, it's about 65.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
It might say that on the speedo, but if measured by GPS, they are doing <100. You get a ton of track slip. My 850 summit says it is doing 80, but in reality, it's about 65.
I've seen GPS/Go-Pro telemetry that says otherwise. Not that I think it's common or prudent, but there is a local who builds/tunes/dynos turbo sleds, and he likes to show off...

Just went and looked at some of his videos and found 3 where he let off between 107-113 (via go-pro 7 GPS telemetry) from either running out of straight stretch or rough trails.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
I've seen GPS/Go-Pro telemetry that says otherwise. Not that I think it's common or prudent, but there is a local who builds/tunes/dynos turbo sleds, and he likes to show off...

Just went and looked at some of his videos and found 3 where he let off between 107-113 (via go-pro 7 GPS telemetry) from either running out of straight stretch or rough trails.
107-113 actual speed on a 'built dyno tuned turbo' (aka, racing sled), yeah I'd believe that. But 130 on a 'non-racing' sled, nah.

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
Swedes are among the hardest-drinking people I've ever been around. So this all fits.
Yes and they are the same drink or sober! We used to call them European jamaicans at work. We had a ton if swedish made equipment and the shit would be hitting the fan over here, and all you would get out of them was "it's all good" and "soon" for a timeline. They made good stuff and got it handled but they are a people of few words. It was hilarious when they would come in to give presentations, 1 sentence a slide with their back facing the room LOL!!! My kind of people!

The pulse jet racing is awesome!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts