Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into buying a tcase used with gears instead of spendin a ton to get new gears with my budget at the moment. Its already got the 4.16's like I was gonna get, but this one doesnt have the 2 low option I was going to get. Nor does it have the Split H pattern. Is it a huge task to change those down the road if I do get it? 2low isnt even a huge thing considering u can get 2low by switchin to 4low with hubs unlocked :D but I'm sure everyone knew that lol Thanks -David-

·
Registered
73 Posts
It is kindof a pain to convert, you have to disasemble the t-case just to remove a little ball bearing, but I really like the 2 lo option. I hear rumors that a twin stick option is in the near future, but then again we've all heard that rumor before......

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry to throw the thread in another direction but better than makin a new one. Are the Calmini 4.16's any good? It says they are billet and not welded. I'm sure they are but just thought I'd get an opinion thanks -David-

·
Registered
73 Posts
They are good, but people say calmini gearsets are loud, I don't know about anyone elses sets. I run a homemade 4.16 to 1 case and we welded the gears, no problems so far.
I prety sure that most of the 4.16 gearsets are billet, the welded option was populare before the vendors found guys to cut gears. you can check out Trail Tough as well, They are a really good vender.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts