Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 248 Posts

· Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT: I ditched the idea of running tons.. In the effort to keep it streetable, I've decided to use toy axles and 37" tires. It'll be linked front and rear on coilovers.

New Plan:
Diamonds: Front has been ordered at 63", Rear IFS with 1.5" spacers, Geared 5.29, High Pinion
FOA Rem Res. coilovers 14" front 16" rear
Scored brand new "old pattern" MT/R's 37x12.5x17 for 160ea. Got 5.
Belly no taller than 24"
Full bodied, or as much as possible, bed will be cut up for shock tower and fuel tank.
Interior cage into the bed
Cab cut out into bed for rear seating
Duals w/4.7
Six Shooters with ARPs and trunion eliminators
Hydro assit
& some sort of cool speakers (for the mall :flipoff2:)

Picked up a new Cutmaster 39 so I went to town this weekend on the rear link attachments.

Attachments

· Registered
475 Posts
i have always liked the cab cut out and rear seating. it just scares me where i live LOL
washington is no place for open cabs of any sort unless ur going to be out only 2 months of the year

· Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks fellas..

Looks like the rear Diamond should be at my door by Monday the 12th.
The SAW shocks are back ordered for 4-6 weeks so I may go with King or FOA's.
Called Marlin for a 10* clocked adapter and it's also out at least 6 weeks.

I did recieve all the J-Joints and brackets to complete the linking. Also found a local shop with 2"x.250 wall DOM for 9 bux a foot.. The $$$ is adding up fawking quick!

· Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Progress

Thanks brathas!

Little progress tonight.. Inboarded frame and bent up some shock hoops..
The 2x4x.120 needs to be lightened-up and directional bracing has yet to be figured out so I don't end up with a saggin ass.

Attachments

· Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lookin good man. keep us posted!!!
Thanks.. I'll post after any significant progress or whenever the UPS guy brings me bling.
why not ditch the back frame and tube it?
I completely tubed a rig last year...Just felt like keeping it simple.
Your second to last pic is a trip for sure. I'm digging this. Really glad you are sticking with Toy running gear. :smokin: work, and subscribed.
Thanks.. Yeah it's a little different than what I'm used to seeing/building. I've only been working with metal for about a year now so I still have ALOT to learn.

· Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
damn dude, you do nice work!
Thanks Mr.Weldz

So, the rear Diamond was sittin' in the garage when I got home from work today. Some quick mock-up revealed a fawk-up.... I had the hoops set to tall and to far inboard. Porta band, grinder, welder and they're fixed. I'm planning on running tube across the peak of the hoops to aid in shock placement.

Also added 2x4 between the cross members which really gave the tail end some rigidity. Prior to welding the added 2x4's in place, I burned holes thru the cross members to hide all the fuel hoses and electrical. So in other words, after I swiss cheese the 2x4's to lighten them up, I'll run all the wiring inside them.

I only have two big ticket items left to order...Shocks & Beadlocks....
Need to man-up and just fawking do it.:shaking:

Attachments

· Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Put the final touches on the rear shock tower and started spotting the fuel tank...
It's starting to look like there won't be much of a bed left. I'm thinking there will be a need to brace the bed sides to keep them from flopping around..

Attachments

1 - 20 of 248 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.