Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,467 Posts
I have a rzr and I have buddies with rhino's and teryx's. I have to admit both the rhino and teryx overall is better quality and built better. Some things on the polaris are nicer such as all braided brake lines. Only problem I have had out of my rzr is broken front diff cage but I just ordered a billet one that should take care of that. Not sure how hard you run your rhino but were rough on these utv's. My buddies rhino's 700 front diff has not worked for over a year now. He has went through more cv's then I care to count and broken a couple axle shafts. I run my rzr just as hard if not harder then he does. Teryx really doesnt have to many problems. I have not rode in one of the efi ones but the carb teryx's are LOUD and it feels like your in a oven. For some reason that thing puts of crazy heat and I wont even ride in it. Like I said the EFI Teryx's may be better. As far as performance hands down rzr beats them. Climbs, jumps, speed you name is stock vs stock rzr owns them all hands down. I like them all and they all have there place but trust me you would not regret a rzr s. My parents have one and I drive it every chance I can :D

· Registered
1,467 Posts
I honestly think that there are just lemons out there and just some machines are junk. I bought a 04 yfz 450 and had nothing but problems. That thing cost me a arm and a leg. Bought a 05 the next year and never had one single problem out of it and I ran it even harder then the 04. There was not really any changes between the 04 and 05 bikes either.

· Registered
1,467 Posts
My buddy and myself both bought rzr s's in december and have had nothing but problems with them. Both rzr s's broke the front axle sprague carrier immediately and were forced to upgrade on my dime or continue to constantly break their inferior plastic cage. Had my computer replaced and the speedo cluster replaced along with the battery. The other is constantly dropping the drivers side rear axle shaft out from the diff. Dealer can't fix it. 3 rides on each of them. I should have known better as I have had many problems with polaris in the past but never with honda, yamaha and suzuki. :shaking: Going to have to shell out $1300.00 for the 5 year extended warranty.

That sucks.I broke my spraque carrier as well but it took me over a year. I had a buddy break his first weekend out. You have to be a little smart with them. When your climbing hard hill and that front end comes off the ground LET OFF THE THROTTLE , you land hard on the throttle and you will bust that carrier. Same thing goes for jumping in 4wd. I know 7 guys including myself that I ride with on a regular basis that have rzrs and only problems have been is a couple broken cv's and about 4 of us have broken the front carrier. 3 of them warranty covered but mine is out of warranty but I bought a alum carrier. They all have there problems. Like I said I have seen alot more problems out of my buddies rhino then any of our rzr's. Im sorry you have had such bad luck out of yours.

EDIT: BTW im going on a big ride at smorr, mo park in 2 weeks with about 5 rzr's and a couple rhino's. Ill let you know the damage :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.