Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
27,449 Posts
One other thing, sometimes the drive belt fails to engage on the Ranger. H-L-R is just pops and backfired until you shift through the gears a few times and it will catch.

Less than 10 hours on this thing.....

I need to see what Can Am comes up with I guess.....I can't stand poor quality.
Never heard of that. Not being sarcastic, but are you sure the ebrake wasnt on, even one or two notches?

99% of the few belt problems I see on Rangers are creeping around while you have it in high range. If you are driving under 12 keep it in low.

I sell Rhinos and Rangers and see some rear end work being done on the Rangers and some motor jobs from improper air cleaner and mud/water on the Rhinos.

Suprises me that somebody actually "got a bad one"
I'm not sure if Nolen's description is accurate to this or not, but I do know that on all the modern Polaris' it will half go into gear sometimes. Something doesn't fully engage because it's slightly out of sync and when you gas it to go it will "pop out" instead of start pulling.

It's not really a belt problem but just an engagement problem, and it's not really a problem, just a minor hassle

· Banned
27,449 Posts
Mine feels like a mechanical, engagement issue. Maybe the linkage. It is at the dealer now to see if they can find the problem.
I think that's fairly common and likely the same thing I was referring to.

It's not a real issue per se, I don't think and is more of an aggravation. My sportsman has done it from the beginning.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.