Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Read Only
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me if this is a stupid f^cking question. But with my new SYE kit, Can I finally ditch my X-fer case lowering kit and get everything back up where it belongs?
91YJ. Rubicon Express 4.5" + 1 1/4" Shackle lift. :D

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
yep- just make sure your pinion angle is set towards the rear of t-case either by shims btwn springs and axle or better yet, re-weld the perches. then ditch the t-case lowering pucks and get it up where it is supposed to be :)

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Should work fine, just check your angles.
Also, check to make sure your u-joints won't bind up at full droop.

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
jeepyj said:

91YJ. Rubicon Express 4.5" + 1 1/4" Shackle lift. :D
DUDE THAT IS HUGE!!!!!!! OMG it will be SOOOOOO killer on the ramp!

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Re: Re: SYE...X-fer case lowering kit

bigdude said:

:shaking: :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
19,421 Posts

bigdude said:

I'm picking up on your sarcasm :flipoff2:

·
Registered
12,465 Posts
TJ Fan said:

Wow...and this coming from someone who is a whole 19 years old.....:rolleyes:
And has a shop in which he buids almost all his own shit and does all his own work :shaking: Know who you are talking about before you step up to the plate

·
Registered
946 Posts
Keith,
Well since you opened the can up....ok. I do have a pretty good idea who he is and that you are friends with him. The fact that somones parent's have more money than God and a shop that was not funded by his own blood, sweat, tears and knowledge does not relagate one to elite status. Most people here make do with what they can afford working around their mortage, spouse, car payment, kids...etc. When he asked that question....why not just answer it?

·
Registered
12,465 Posts
What does his financial status have to do with anything? I consider him lucky to have a shop rent free and access to whatever he needs. If you wanna go there.....if he has more money than god then why is he puttin his own motor in an XJ right now? Why not drop it off at a shop and have it done? Cause he wants to. And because even though he is afforded more opportunity than the average 19 year old, he still pinches pennies and does not act in any way like a "Rich Kid"

Jason is not one of my best friends, in fact I hardly know him through some parts deals, but I do know he does his own wrenching, and builds his own stuff, and he is right on with his comment that you so hastily attacked him for.

Oh....and where is your answer to the question asked? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
Exactly what Keith was saying...

I don't know how you know me or whatever, but you obviously don't know who I really am. Maybe you should'nt judge someone before you actually know them. Because my parents have money does not mean I'm your average stuck up rich kid. I know I'm lucky and I make it a goal not to become one of those kinds of people. You're attacking my knowledge...hell I don't know everything and I don't pretend to know everything...I was making a comment that since we had the newbie gen. 4x4 it has opened the "flood gates" to newbie stardom. Its fawking rediculous. I'm trying to preserve the "hardcore" side of this board. But I don't have to prove anything to you...if you judge someone before you know them YOU are just the prick you think I am.

Keith...can't wait to go wheelin' w/ ya. It'd be cool to get to know you better...aww I'm getting all sentimental now...:flipoff2:

Seriously though...Keith is a helluva guy...barely knew him and he offered to help me out by doing me a bunch of favors. :D

·
Read Only
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Great Job... Sarcasm is so hard to pull off when you write it, But you did really well. I don't ramp my jeep. I wheel it in the adirondacks. Those are mountains. You know... Big pointy hills.
:flipoff2: Y'all got any mountains in florida? Oh thats right, Highest elevation in florida as about thirty feet. Probably do most of your wheelin on 60. Let me tell you... It's probably more hardcore on 75. What a waste of a nice sounding Jeep. :( Why don't you sell it to someone who can use it:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Read Only
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Welcome to jeep talk...the newbie forum of PBB.

Yes I'm a newbie. So I don't spend all my time dicking around on bb's. And I told you in the first message that it was a stupid question. I just didn't have an answer to it. I had a couple of ?s and someone sent me to PBB. I don't have alot of time so when I read the thing it says
Ford talk
Chevy Talk
Jeep talk
OOH!! thats it. I entered there. I didn't take the time to look for "Stipid f^ckin question talk"
I did a couple of searches and found nothing so I posted. So f^ck me. I understand now, thanks. I've been wheelin for about 12 years now. Not always in a sissy Jeep though. My previous truck was a Chevy 1T w/ 350ci, 8" lift, Locked 14 Bolt and D60, 38.5 swampers. I think those are some pretty hardcore parts. But I did manage to break them. I've Installed my own 3 Lifts, more motors than I can recall, set up my own ring and pinions, I Fix my shit when it breaks, and design some of my own parts.
Maybe someone should put the stupid question forum at the top of the page to alleviate some of the problems.
I'll try to keep my stupid questions to a minimum.
Hey TJ... Thanks for the D.
Thanks:) to everyone who answered and :flipoff2: :flipoff2: to everyone else.:D

·
Registered
12,465 Posts
jeepyj said:
Welcome to jeep talk...the newbie forum of PBB.

Yes I'm a newbie. So I don't spend all my time dicking around on bb's. And I told you in the first message that it was a stupid question. I just didn't have an answer to it. I had a couple of ?s and someone sent me to PBB. I don't have alot of time so when I read the thing it says
Ford talk
Chevy Talk
Jeep talk
OOH!! thats it. I entered there. I didn't take the time to look for "Stipid f^ckin question talk"
I did a couple of searches and found nothing so I posted. So f^ck me. I understand now, thanks. I've been wheelin for about 12 years now. Not always in a sissy Jeep though. My previous truck was a Chevy 1T w/ 350ci, 8" lift, Locked 14 Bolt and D60, 38.5 swampers. I think those are some pretty hardcore parts. But I did manage to break them. I've Installed my own 3 Lifts, more motors than I can recall, set up my own ring and pinions, I Fix my shit when it breaks, and design some of my own parts.
Maybe someone should put the stupid question forum at the top of the page to alleviate some of the problems.
I'll try to keep my stupid questions to a minimum.
Hey TJ... Thanks for the D.
Thanks:) to everyone who answered and :flipoff2: :flipoff2: to everyone else.:D
I dont think you are gonna last long here :rolleyes: Lurk and Learn :flipoff2:

·
Registered
12,465 Posts
1. You are too busy trying to justify and defend yourself.
2. Probably not :flipoff2:

This site is just a bunch of ass holes pokin fun at each other and learning A LOT in the meantime. Remeber that and dont take stuff too personal ;) :beer:

·
Read Only
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Hey I like learning stuff. And I like being an asshole. Can I stay?
And whats this shizit about not taking stuff too personal. Seems like there was a pretty good argument going on. Or was that just pokin fun?;)
Speaking of learning stuff. I realize that MM lift is my stupid shackles, but what is MM?

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
MM= Motor Mount

1 - 20 of 26 Posts