Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning a 4.7(using a 4.0 block) with a t-18 and D300 for my YJ project. I have the engine and t-case coming, but want to know more about the t-18. As far as I know that transmission will bolt up to the D300. I have a chance to buy a cast iron 6 cylinder bellhousing and 1" input shaft. Will this work on the 4.0 block? Any other info is appreciated.

·
Registered
811 Posts
the only T18 im aware of that will bolt to a dana300 without an aftermarket adapter is out of a 81-83 Jeep J20 ( 3/4 ton truck)

and it has a long input shaft, and a 7 inch adapter to goto the NP208 it was shipped from teh factory with.

where are you getting this T18?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have the tranny yet, I am looking at some used adapters. I can get the tranny whenever, there is a 4WD junkyard, more or less, here in NC. They have a few.

·
Registered
811 Posts
so what are you asking then?

the 4.0 requires a crank postion sensor oin the bellhiusing, ive never heard of a cast iron bellhousing for an AMC engine.

youll most likely have to move the crank postions sensor to the front of the engine, or find a $50 T150 AMC bellhousing, and cut a hole for the sensor in it.

a FORD T18 can be converted for about $450

1 - 5 of 5 Posts