Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran into a major problem last night throwin everything together. I have a 87 YJ, with a driverside drop front end. The shift fork is right inline with the the front driveshaft. I have the d-300 clocked flat, and with the flipkit i'm running into clearance issues getting the whole T-case up into the tunnel even with cutting it out. Has anybody run into this problem and what have you done to get around it. The only thing i can think up is unclock the the T-case (using the Go2Guy clocking ring, using the middle hole) which drops the yoke angle, push the whole setup higher into the tub because i should get a little more clearance and run a lower drop skid to help make up for it. Gotta find some way around this, thanks

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Ouch! Are you talking about the factory aluminum fork on the 300 that the factory shifter locates on? Or are you talking about the throwout brg fork?

The AL shift fork on the 300 normally is no longer used flipping a 300 and can be removed, using one of the many type flip kits for shifting or fabbing your own

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clutch Fork

No, the clutch fork on the transmission that engages/disengages the throwout bearing. It appears that i'm gonna have to use the last hole on your clocking ring, or worst case scenario redrill it and run almost a stock clocking configuration :(

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
An ambitios project would be to refab the belhousing to relocated the clutch fork, perhaps another config throwout brg?

You can also look at a 2 piece driveshaft- if you post up some pics we may get other ideas.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Clutch Fork

I'm already using a 1" BL, won't go any higher than that. If i could find some sort of an internal slave cylinder that would be the best way and eliminate that whole fork together, but i have no idea where to find it, or even if its feasable with a t-18. Anybody know where i might be able to start looking for one? Fabbing up a new bellhousing is beyond my current abilities unfortunatly :( . I was considering a 2 piece shaft once all other ideas are exhausted. First step tonight i'm just gonna clock it down one more hole and see what i end up with. With the current set up, if i grind the fork i could probably fit the shaft and use it on dry pavement, once i go offroad tho and stuff the driverside wheel it would be all over. Still want to look into internal slave t/o bearing tho

1 - 7 of 7 Posts