Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran into a major problem last night throwin everything together. I have a 87 YJ, with a driverside drop front end. The shift fork is right inline with the the front driveshaft. I have the d-300 clocked flat, and with the flipkit i'm running into clearance issues getting the whole T-case up into the tunnel even with cutting it out. Has anybody run into this problem and what have you done to get around it. The only thing i can think up is unclock the the T-case (using the Go2Guy clocking ring, using the middle hole) which drops the yoke angle, push the whole setup higher into the tub because i should get a little more clearance and run a lower drop skid to help make up for it. Gotta find some way around this, thanks

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Clutch Fork

No, the clutch fork on the transmission that engages/disengages the throwout bearing. It appears that i'm gonna have to use the last hole on your clocking ring, or worst case scenario redrill it and run almost a stock clocking configuration :(

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Clutch Fork

I'm already using a 1" BL, won't go any higher than that. If i could find some sort of an internal slave cylinder that would be the best way and eliminate that whole fork together, but i have no idea where to find it, or even if its feasable with a t-18. Anybody know where i might be able to start looking for one? Fabbing up a new bellhousing is beyond my current abilities unfortunatly :( . I was considering a 2 piece shaft once all other ideas are exhausted. First step tonight i'm just gonna clock it down one more hole and see what i end up with. With the current set up, if i grind the fork i could probably fit the shaft and use it on dry pavement, once i go offroad tho and stuff the driverside wheel it would be all over. Still want to look into internal slave t/o bearing tho

1 - 3 of 4 Posts