Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to find a 27 spline shaft for my t18 trans which is mated to a np203 transfercase which is mated to a dana 300 doubler setup.

The 27 spline shaft that is currently in the trans is twisted and about to snap.

Where can I find a replacement 27 spline output shaft for the T 18 trans?

Thanks

Evan

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
I need to find a 27 spline shaft for my t18 trans which is mated to a np203 transfercase which is mated to a dana 300 doubler setup.

The 27 spline shaft that is currently in the trans is twisted and about to snap.

Where can I find a replacement 27 spline output shaft for the T 18 trans?

Thanks

Evan
Where did you find a T-18 with a 27 spline output? Was it an aftermarket shaft from Novak or AA? And, what are you running, motor wise, that would twist off the trans output shaft?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My setup is a built AMC 360 bored over/ cam/ headwork/ efi... ect.. The trans is a T-18 with a np 203 / Dana 300 doubler setup.

I recently pulled the entire drivetrain to upgrade a shaft that broke between the two T-cases and found the output shaft on the T-18 trans was twisted about 2 splines... probably not too much life left in it.

I would like to find a replacement output shaft for the T-18... so far no luck with Novac or AA.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Borg Warner T-18 trans was found in fords and jeeps from the late 60's -mid 80's... This one is in a 85 cj rock buggy.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So what your saying is you dont know.....

I have one in my scout but it has a 10 spline output:shaking:
Yea pretty much I know nothing about where these parts came from on this jeep. It was setup this way when I bought it and I get to try and piece together parts... I need to find some type of shaft that is going to work as a replacement for this one... Even if I had any spline count output for a T-18 I could respline it maybe...

My last resourt is to take the shaft to a machine shop and have one machined... $$$

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, that output shaft splining didnt look too factory. Probably why it twisted in the first place. What about getting the novak shaft and then putting a 241 range box in place of your 203? At least you would know what you have and not some mystery set up.
I just bought and upgraded 32 spline shaft for the 203 and a 203 input for the dana 300... along with full rebuild kits for both. All thats holding me back from having this setup fully rebuilt is this tranny output shaft...

I am going to get a rebuild kit for the T-18 and the whole drivetrain will be like new.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just bought and upgraded 32 spline shaft for the 203 and a 203 input for the dana 300... along with full rebuild kits for both. All thats holding me back from having this setup fully rebuilt is this tranny output shaft...

I am going to get a rebuild kit for the T-18 and the whole drivetrain will be like new.
The tailhousing is kinda hard to find remanufactured. I have looked, and looked, and looked. No one that I have researched sells them seperately, and I found one in the junkyard I am going to try to get ahold of if someone doesn't robb the truck. If you do come across some place that sells the tailshaft housing reproduced or remanufacture or whatever would you give me a shout?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts