Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious what a T-18 tranny is worth in the 4x world. Core? Rebuilt? I'm generally a 1/4 mile-at-a-time kind of guy, and the gearing in these things isn't so great for that. I've got one that fell into my lap with an ugly '67 1/2 ton body attached to it. I know the T-18 is good with the crawlin crowd 'cause of its granny low. It's in good condition, needs a general rebuild, all hard-parts are ok. Any help you might have for me would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Well, there are two problems.
1) we don't know where you are.
2) Most T-18 have to be rebuilt for the end use.

The expense is in the adapters. I bought my T-18 in CA for around $150. I can't remember. But it was close to $700 in parts by the time I got it in my Jeep.

I think they sell for near $1000 when they are rebuilt and set up for a Jeep with a Dana 300. That is a ball park number from Parts Mike. It has been 3-4 years since I looked into it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Mellow !

I'm in CA, Central Coast. I assumed it would need rebuild and adapters, but I know the granny low is a hot commodity in wheelin, so I figure the tranny itself has some value. If anyone else has some info that would be usefull, bring it on! ThanX!
BTW: If anyone is interested in it, I'm taking offers!

·
Registered
891 Posts
you would be surprised what it would go for on e-bay if you clean it up. I was selling sr-4 trannys on e-bay for more than what I was buying sm465's for from the yard.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I paid $20ea for a 1/2 ton 2wd T-18 and NP 435 both ford so they go in the EB's with an adapter the T-18 is in good working ordrer and the 435 is just a core or a start. I am in WA and I can find them all day for under $75 but some people pay upwards of $150 for them so I guess that for you in California I would ask $100-$125 for it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great input!

This is a really great site, if I ever turn from pavement pounding and turn towards the dirt I know wher to look! ThanX!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts