Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang I have a 70 bronc with an np435 and a t205 transfer case. The PO of my ride did a weird hookup for the linkage on the transfer case...he used a heim joint and a cup and ball joint on the other end to attach the shifting arm to the shifting rods.....weird setup....the transfer case doesnt go into 4wheel high anymore and acts like it is not shifting correctly into any of the other gears....made known by the fact that the tranny makes a LOUD gear popping noise when it is not under pressure from the engine.
My question is what is the best way to get things adjusted correctly? should I pull the transfer case and work on it there or is there a quick fix I can do lying on my back???

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you can get that linkage off you can shift it manually. put the rig up on jackastands so you can turn the drivetrain by hand (or pull driveshafts). There are two shift rails. One controls the front output and the other the rear. Each rail has 3 positions HI (all the way out?) N (middle) LO (rail pushed into the case). You have to put some force into the rails to move them if you don't have your levers hooked up. put both rails in all three positions to check to see what is going on. Unless you have twinstick modified this case you will have to alternately move both rails in order to shift HI/N/LO

1 - 2 of 2 Posts