Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok everyone..... I have a t-90 tranny in my old cj... The 3 speed sucks! I like the tranny but I wish it had one more gear (4th) when I jump on the road... I understand that I can buy a warn overdrive... but those things are high dollar new and used... Is there another tranny out there that will easily bolt to my f-head motor bell houseing and my model 18 t-case. I mean a tranny with 4 forward gears... I have been rooting around here but can't come up with a good rock solid solution....

Just call me Newbei....and JU want a be...:flipoff2:

EEEEEeeeeeeer

·
Registered
11,647 Posts
Most 4 speeds that you would put in a jeep don't have an overdrive. A t18 is a nice upgrade, but still has the 1:1 4th gear. A warn/Saturn OD is really the only solution for your wheelbase.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Don't think there is an OD tranny that will work very well in a CJ. You can go with a T-18/T-98 and regear your axles for more speed on the highway plus better crawl, but that's going to cost a lot more than a Warn/Saturn OD. So you see, it's really a bargain.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Yep a 4 speed won't do anything for you road wise. Fourth gear in a four speed has the same ratio as third in a three speed, 1:1.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts