Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Originally posted by Rich T:
<STRONG>Can the front shaft on a T-18 be used on a T-98?</STRONG>
Actually Chuck, the teeth are the same as long as we're talking about 6:1 trannys. It's the pilot hole that's the problem. The centering hole (or whatever it's called) on the T-18 is bigger. I'm talking about the hole inside the gear where the output shaft goes. You can use a T-98 input shaft, but you must also use a T-98 output shaft and rollers. I am running a Ford T-18 input shaft, Scout T-18 output shaft with T-98 gears in a T-98 case. All other gears are T-98 with the exception of third gear, which is a T-18 gear. I can post some pictures if any one's interested.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
Originally posted by Grandpa_Jeep:
<STRONG>Actually Chuck, the teeth are the same as long as we're talking about 6:1 trannys. It's the pilot hole that's the problem. The centering hole (or whatever it's called) on the T-18 is bigger. I'm talking about the hole inside the gear where the output shaft goes. You can use a T-98 input shaft, but you must also use a T-98 output shaft and rollers. I am running a Ford T-18 input shaft, Scout T-18 output shaft with T-98 gears in a T-98 case. All other gears are T-98 with the exception of third gear, which is a T-18 gear. I can post some pictures if any one's interested.</STRONG>
Arrrggg. That's right the one tooth difference is on the small side of the cluster, not the input side of the cluster. Duho!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts