Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a top shift case and was wondering if anyone already had measurements from plates they have made in the past. I did search but came up with nothing and just thought if someone already had one it would save me some time.

·
Registered
892 Posts
What kind of plate?

·
Vendor
4,164 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Try supporting venders that make great products.

If you really want the specs....get off your ass and go measure yourself!

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
Probably won't have much luck getting venders to do R&D, then just give that info to you for free..

I was going to make one myself, until I saw the plate from FROR, can't beat that price. That would be a lot of work to save a (very) few dollars.

I'm going to order one tomorrow..

·
Registered
964 Posts
Oh C'mon Brian! We should just post up all the drawings, materials, sources, bill of materials for all our products, right? After all, this is a communist country, right? Oh wait! Capitolism rules. Work hard= make money.
Good thing we could provide this little public service reminder that COMMUNISM DIDN'T WORK! Still doesn't...
What is going on with folks these days? :(

·
Registered
517 Posts
What, you guys want to actually make MONEY doing this? How inconsiderate! :shaking:

I've been seeing a lot of these kind of posts lately. Like the guy that wanted the CAD drawings of a doubler so he could make his own at work. C'mon guys, if you can design it yourself, go ahead and make it, but if not then pay the fawking price!

·
Banned
9,402 Posts
Seems like people are just searching for that free lunch.... They don't realize the work that is involved with making these products....

But seriously it just starts here most of the time....

Then it moves to this....

Then you need to do this...

Then you put it on one of these....

Then it goes to this....

And you keep repeating the process until it fits correctly, then its onto testing!

And so on and so forth until the product is ready for release to the public.

AND ALL OF THIS COSTS MONEY AND TAKE TIME!

So please stop these silly requests....I don't know of ANY vendor that is going to post drawings of how to make their products. All the vendors here work hard to provide good products to their customers and hopefully be able to make a buck during the process so they can keep making more products.

(I hope all those pictures work, they do on my computer)

·
Registered
14,457 Posts
Yeah, I got flamed in the other thread for "limiting creativity." 4RnrRick put what I was trying to say a lot more eloquently. Go ahead and build it yourself if you want, but don't expect the vendors to post up all of their hard work for you.

·
Vendor
4,164 Posts
Marvelicious said:
I've been seeing a lot of these kind of posts lately. Like the guy that wanted the CAD drawings of a doubler so he could make his own at work. C'mon guys, if you can design it yourself, go ahead and make it, but if not then pay the fawking price!
Exactly, if you can make it then make it. If you can cut steel to the measurements I give you, then you are not making it, you are simply copying.

Realistically, if you think the part a vendor makes is cool, buy it. Then they can afford to make more cool parts for you.

To the posters of this question, we're not trying to slam you. But do you seriously think that any vendor who has spent the time and money to develop this stuff is going to hand you dimensions, so you can make one for you, and VERY likely do a small run, and sell them, to make a few bucks? Heck Ive got a vendor who keeps telling customers they want to see a product of ours so they can copy it!! C'mon folks! :laughing:

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
i could probably make it, though the nice, clean water/lazer cuts brians product has certainly wouldnt be there and id end up wallowing out bolt holes to get them to line up just right. so i bought it and it was worth it, you should too...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sam I Am said:
just thought if someone already had one it would save me some time.

I never asked any god damn vendors for specs, i was asking the public, sometimes people have skills with metal unlike you brilliant dodes who instead of making sh*t, you talk it. All I would like to know is how a board full of obviously very experienced a*sholes can collectivly type out a half page of basically saying the same thing over and over again but cant seem to read. i have already drawn and cut this peice so fawk you lame a*ses.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Sam I Am said:
i have already drawn and cut this peice so fawk you lame a*ses.
Good, then you don't need any measurements then.

:flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Sam I Am said:
I never asked any god damn vendors for specs, i was asking the public, sometimes people have skills with metal unlike you brilliant dodes who instead of making sh*t, you talk it. All I would like to know is how a board full of obviously very experienced a*sholes can collectivly type out a half page of basically saying the same thing over and over again but cant seem to read. i have already drawn and cut this peice so fawk you lame a*ses.

Wow. I bet that just makes everyone want to hook you up with CAD files, and drawings and hell, even come hang out and work on your shit with you. And buy the beer. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
496 Posts
Sam I Am said:

I have the specs for you. Here they are........ :flipoff2:

Being such an intelligent individual "having already drawn and cut this peice (sp)" you should be able to figure it out on your own right? Not trying to be rude but what you are asking for takes $ and time. Either buy the part or do your own R&D.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts