Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody ever bought a new nut that holds the flange on the t-case output shaft? Mine has been off and on 3 times now, re-staked at the same spot each time, so I wanna buy a new one. Problem is, I've ordered new ones twice from the dealer, they keep sending the wrong thing, the one I get is waaay too small, it's even smaller than a pinion nut. I even gave them my VIN to get the correct part, the part number (90179-20001) is correct (according to my EPC CD), but the warehouse is sending the wrong part. What's up with this? How do I get the right one?

Also, is there a trick to unstaking these things without chewing them up too badly? I've got a spare t-case in the garage, I suppose I could swipe a nut off that one, but I'd rather not. <IMG SRC="smilies/rolleyes.gif" border="0">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,024 Posts
To remove it I just use my 600 ft-lb reverse torgue impact <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> Works everytime. I ordered mine from the dealer and got the correct one first time. Have them look it up on the computer and check it against the years/model number for your rig. Hope this helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by bertha:
<STRONG>Have them look it up on the computer and check it against the years/model number for your rig. Hope this helps.</STRONG>
This is exactly what we did the second time (after the first one was wrong), I watched him look it up on his computer, his part number matched the one I had, and the model years match my truck. But they're sending the wrong nut out of the warehouse. Arghhh... <IMG SRC="smilies/mad.gif" border="0">
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,352 Posts
its the same nut as a pinion nut isn't it??
Same spline count i know on the flange..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Crash:
<STRONG>its the same nut as a pinion nut isn't it??
Same spline count i know on the flange..</STRONG>
Sumbitch... you're right, it is. But the part number is exactly the same, so ordering one of these won't help. I'll STILL get the wrong thing!

hmmm... doing some reasearch on my parts CDs, the part number is different for the 11/87-03/89 model years. Is the nut the same on these years? Maybe I can try ordering it under this part number (90179-22016).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,024 Posts
Originally posted by KLF:
<STRONG>Sumbitch... you're right, it is. But the part number is exactly the same, so ordering one of these won't help. I'll STILL get the wrong thing!

hmmm... doing some reasearch on my parts CDs, the part number is different for the 11/87-03/89 model years. Is the nut the same on these years? Maybe I can try ordering it under this part number (90179-22016).</STRONG>
Just spoke to my buddy who is the service manager at the local Toy dealer and the part# you gave 90179-22016, according to his system goes for (I asked for trucks and runners only) '83-'95 runners, and '92-'95 trucks. Does this help?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,352 Posts
Originally posted by KLF:
<STRONG>Sumbitch... you're right, it is. But the part number is exactly the same, so ordering one of these won't help. I'll STILL get the wrong thing!

hmmm... doing some reasearch on my parts CDs, the part number is different for the 11/87-03/89 model years. Is the nut the same on these years? Maybe I can try ordering it under this part number (90179-22016).</STRONG>

Another option is to go do a shop that does rings/pinions and get a nut from them, sure it would not be hard for them to figure it out..
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top