Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are you all talking about on these gears in the t case.in my opinion this is just bull i dont have a problem with gears and i run 35" ground hogs stock gears in t-case and stock in axils let me tell you it will smoke the tires on it with no problem and still run down the highway at 70 mph in 4th gear i have no 5th.so as far as gears i think there overrated but thats just me!!!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh did i fail to mention i also run a ford 2.8 V6 and ford tranny from a 2wd ranger all my gearing is in the tranny

·
Registered
580 Posts
well if your running a 2.8 you wont be runing it for long:flipoff2: those suck:emb4: youd be beter off with a 5 hp lawn mower engine. At least you wouldnt have to ad a qt of oil a day. :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :confused:

·
Registered
155 Posts
zukzilla4x4 said:
oh did i fail to mention i also run a ford 2.8 V6 and ford tranny from a 2wd ranger all my gearing is in the tranny
you sure did, but geez, that really is a hardcore offroad setup you got there :rolleyes: . Gears are necessary and valuable. they keep you from damaging yourself and your rig. saying that they are crap without having them means you don't know anything about wheeling. asking someone to prove that they are valuable means you've never actually GONE WHEELING!

Just my .02 :flipoff2: :D :flipoff2:

Jon

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Holy shit ground hawgs and ford parts!!! WOW you are :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
In case you haven’t noticed the PBB is geared for EXTREME ROCK CRAWLING. Even if your tranny gears equals you out on the highway, your driveline is toast off road.

35-inch tires will kill your bearings even on the street, let alone the weenie stock u-joints, birfields, and shafts. I go through quite a few u-joints and bearings on 31’s.
Do you tow a trailer full of spare parts when your wheel?
I’ve been interested in the ford v-6 swap and might have some questions for you if I ever do it.

So stick around, give intelligent input when you’ve got it, and sit back read and learn when you don’t. BTW get your flame suit on, because 35’s on stock axles is going to get you flamed and

WELCOME NEWBIE! :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
aw hell ive done blew two t-case housings,twisted a front axil,broke a rear.so i do wheel!and the axils are fixing to be toy's as soon as i find a front and as for bearings i dont have a problem with them.and if your really thinking about an engine swap DONT,its been hell and a stock length sammy wont handle it all thats why mine got streched 15"in the back to make room for all of it.to give you an idea of how much room i have to have a 34"front drive shaft to meet the stock t-case and the axil is in the stock location.

·
Registered
600 Posts
:rolleyes: its alive !!!!

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Zukzilla doesn't know what wheeling is all about. Running the river regular doesn't count or your one trip to Disney. The run to Kinta was weak last Saturday but Sunday (yesterday) Bengal ROCKS. Anyone who has been to Clayton needs to go to Bengal. This was my second time to wheel there. A built Toyota rolled at Bengal on a spot I made last December. I winched this time as the mud is tuff with MTR's. Only one to make it was a Heep on Boggers (the tires to have last Sunday in the mud). Bengal is just north of Clayton and you don't need the land pass or will you get a ticket. Any Texans done Magazine hill in Yanush (6 miles north of Clayton)? I know a handful of you have wheeled on Freiling's land. I still looking forward to Gilmer and Wheelin' Ranch sometime this year. Robert

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
OKIE ZUK said:
Zukzilla doesn't know what wheeling is all about. Running the river regular doesn't count or your one trip to Disney. The run to Kinta was weak last Saturday but Sunday (yesterday) Bengal ROCKS. Anyone who has been to Clayton needs to go to Bengal. This was my second time to wheel there. A built Toyota rolled at Bengal on a spot I made last December. I winched this time as the mud is tuff with MTR's. Only one to make it was a Heep on Boggers (the tires to have last Sunday in the mud). Bengal is just north of Clayton and you don't need the land pass or will you get a ticket. Any Texans done Magazine hill in Yanush (6 miles north of Clayton)? I know a handful of you have wheeled on Freiling's land. I still looking forward to Gilmer and Wheelin' Ranch sometime this year. Robert
they dont come close to clayton

·
Registered
283 Posts
i know gearing counts, cause im runnin 33x1250 swampers w/ stock engine, trans, and t-case w/ 4.38's... and if im not careful... boy can i smell clutch...

and all i can afford this spring is some 5.71's in the axles... oh well, maybe next year for the 4.16 t-case or even the 6-1

·
Registered
330 Posts
if you gear properly

you wont break so much shiat .......you will actualy be able to wheel safely if you gear it no more bansai runs to get through an obsticle..........................

·
Registered
612 Posts
Torque is REALLY all you need. With your drivetrain you have to be at 5k for your peak tq #'s, with a 6:1 tcase peak torque is between 1500 and 2000 rpm. You don't even have to be smart to guess the better vehicle to be in.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
zukzilla4x4 said:
hp is all you need
You sound like a future hepper to me. So get a heep and get the fawk out of here:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts