Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ran across a 1963 international scout and it had a twin stick t-case. It looked to be a dana 20 but I know nothing about scouts:confused: . does anyone know what t-case it is and what low range gear ratio it is? If it helps it has a manual trans and a 4 banger in it. Are these t-cases worth anything.. Thanks for any help that is given :D

·
Registered
143 Posts
Its most likely an early pre-Advance Adpaters Atlas II with a 6:37 to 1 drop. If so it also has titanium gears and a magnesium alloy case. One way to tell is to lie underneath it, and pull the drain plug out quickly. If you see a little martian guy looking at you like this:flipoff2: then thats what it is.

Or it could be a twin-stick Dana 18, like a simple SEARCH would have told ya.:rolleyes: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Lama said:
Its most likely an early pre-Advance Adpaters Atlas II with a 6:37 to 1 drop. If so it also has titanium gears and a magnesium alloy case. One way to tell is to lie underneath it, and pull the drain plug out quickly.
I got one of thows out back, they only used that model for the first 5 years then they went to the dana 20.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
TOY 2 said:
I just ran across a 1963 international scout and it had a twin stick t-case. It looked to be a dana 20 but I know nothing about scouts:confused: . does anyone know what t-case it is and what low range gear ratio it is? If it helps it has a manual trans and a 4 banger in it. Are these t-cases worth anything.. Thanks for any help that is given :D
it is a model 18.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want to use it for parts to do the 2.46 to1 change in my dana 20 but the right up says that I need a jeep dana 18 not the scout dana 18. are these the same t-case?

here's the link to what I want to do: http://jeeptech.com/convxfer/2.46-20/

Does this t-case have the right gears in it?

gear spicer# tooth count

input gear, helical cut 18 8 23 29
high range output shaft gear, helical cut 18 8 24 29
intermediate gear, both helical and straight cut 18 5 9 18 straight teeth 39 helical teeth
lower sliding gear, straight cut teeth 18 8 22 33

1 - 5 of 5 Posts