Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably a newbie question that has been covered before, so what. I have a 77 cj7 with Quadratrac. I have never had a problem with this set up but that doesn't mean i shouldn't change everything for no apparent reason right. I am running a 360 and TH400 and was wondering what other T-cases would mount directly to the TH400 without alot of additional money. I will be putting the big $ in the new axles. I am looking into a NP205 but concerned about the sorry first gear ratio. Any help!:confused:

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks thats what I was afraid of. Guess I need to look at the adapter or find some way to gear down or use a doubler on the 205.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Wagoneers came with a dana 20 behind the th400. Ive really only seen a few in the junkyard though. Ive heard the stock adapters are somewhat weak but I havent had a problem yet. I had the quadratrac and blew up two different cases. I will either throw in some gears later or my dream is to find a scout dana 300 to bolt behind my factory adapter on the 20.

Anyway their dirt cheap if you find one in the junkyard, gets rid of the quadratrash, and you still have money for the axles.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help. We have about 4 wagoneers in the local junk yard so I will go see what they have. Thanks again.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Acer93221 said:
well id say a TH205 would prolly work pretty good!
Not behind the 10 splined, looooong output shaft AMC TH400. From waht I understand, he would need to swap shafts from a GM 400, and use the adapter to make it work...the internals of the two trannies are the same.....but then he'd be stuck with the crappy 1.96 low of the 205:barf:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yup your going to have to search for a waggy with the D 20.

If you find a couple send an adaptor my way, I fixed my last one but always good to have a spare :D

Good luck in you search, I think the TH400 Dana 20 was only offered for a couple years 1976-1978 (could be wrong about that though)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts