Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
putting my dual cases together and one case is missing the shifter and clip and stuff. the base is good though.

looked at marlins.....nice and all but $129:eek: .

looked at the fror twin stick....$200:eek: thinking i should wheel it and see if i need/want that option.

is there anything else out there that i haven't seen?

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
You can build one for the low-range section pretty easy if you look and think about it. All it has to do is go back and forth: so a plate, a slot, some tabs, some flat stock, some rubber to act as a gasket and to help seal it up...

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DRM said:
You can build one for the low-range section pretty easy if you look and think about it. All it has to do is go back and forth: so a plate, a slot, some tabs, some flat stock, some rubber to act as a gasket and to help seal it up...
yeah,i've got pics saved of that triple shifter that had one built like that.

in my searching i read alot of complaints about noise coming through with the homebuilts and was looking for something with alittl more thought behind it.

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
larryboy said:

yeah,i've got pics saved of that triple shifter that had one built like that.

in my searching i read alot of complaints about noise coming through with the homebuilts and was looking for something with alittl more thought behind it.

The noise is a function of the boot. Ever notice Toyota's have 3 layers of shifter boots? Try running just one and listen to the noise :p

Multiple layers of boot material will quieten it down.

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DRM said:

The noise is a function of the boot. Ever notice Toyota's have 3 layers of shifter boots? Try running just one and listen to the noise :p

Multiple layers of boot material will quieten it down.
so you are giving me first hand info here? or just speculating?

when i look at it and "think" it seems that the way the factory type shifter goes together with the ball in socket is what quiets things down.

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
larryboy said:

so you are giving me first hand info here? or just speculating?

when i look at it and "think" it seems that the way the factory type shifter goes together with the ball in socket is what quiets things down.
I have not run a solid shifter in a Toyota. I do know that every jeep I have ever owned runs solid mount shifter linkages. I do know that when I did my dual cases, I left out the bottom two shifter boots and I thought I had a problem too - until I reinstalled tham and it sounded just like stock again. I do know that I have given this suggestion to another friend with a similar problem - sounded the same as stock when he put the proper shifter boots back in place. I do know that I have made custom boots for my Jeeps and the sound deadening is significant.

What else do you want?

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DRM said:

I have not run a solid shifter in a Toyota. What else do you want?
what do i want? thats a little open ended;) . i think you gave me what i wanted....that you are talking out the back of your head on this one:D :D .

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
larryboy said:

what do i want? thats a little open ended;) . i think you gave me what i wanted....that you are talking out the back of your head on this one:D :D .
whatever you wana think...

·
Registered
137 Posts
I got a xtra factory shifter ya want it? Or maybe ya want something custom? If so I have a twin stick with two turtle nobs and boot make offer. I know this is the tech area but here are two options:rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jason Y said:
I got a xtra factory shifter ya want it? Or maybe ya want something custom? If so I have a twin stick with two turtle nobs and boot make offer. I know this is the tech area but here are two options:rolleyes:
PM'ed you jason.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts