Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I whent for a little ride to make shure everything still worked ok. well, I was taking it out of 4lo into N and back to 2hi. It stoped in N and will not go into any gear. It still has movement but will not drop into any gear what so ever. Help anyone before I end up pulling the thing out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What you need to do is take out the shifter, look inside and you will see 2 poles they are out of line causing you to be stuck in Neutral, take a long screw driver put it in the grove of one pole and pry on it to line it up with the other side. Then you should be able to put your shifter back on and shift between the gears. I learned this the hard way after a costly towing bill and swaping out the problem tcase. Its an easy fix and good luck.:smokin:

·
Registered
575 Posts
A couple years ago I had the same problem. If you take the shifter out, you will notice a polyurathane bushing that the shifter sits in. Most likely it has broken into 20 pieces and the shifter forks are no longer lighned up. All it takes is a srew driver to put the shifter forks back in sequence and add a new poly bushing! They are refferred to as a t case shifter seat and Trail-gear carries them for $8.09. Buy two so you have a spare. If you have any ?s let me know:D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Step 1 - Search the Forums

Step 2 - Read the results

Step 3 - Apply newfound knowledge

:shaking:

Edit: Just for kicks I searched for "stuck in neutral" and came up with seven threads on the first page, and three since July (not including this one). BTW, I can be a sarcastic pr1ck sometimes, but I'm just bustin' balls and trying to share.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts