Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went wheelin sat and when shifting from 4low back to 2H to get back to the service road, I stopped shifted into nuetral, and then tried shifting back to 2h and the t-case shifter got stuck. I have had no problems previous expect the rare occasional just roll it back or foward abit and it will go. I pulled the t-case shifter out last night and the bushing was completely gone,worn out, but now how to free it up? im going to order a new bushing for the t-case and check the trans while im at it. im running stock trans, with sammy t-case with 6.5-1 cal mini gears. ????

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
You can use a big screwdriver, and reach down in there and move the shift rails to the desired gear/range.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking about that, I was not to sure if that would casue damage? it seems that the shift rails are really tight. thanks I will try again. do think if I try to rotate the front and rear drive shafts that might help?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, I ordered one this morning. I was wondering should I just flush out the t-case or do you think it should be opened up to check for pieces jammed up in the shift rails?

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
i had to take mine apart,rubber was wedged in pretty good,used a hammer to tap the rails out

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Are you fawking kidding me!?

Do a fawking search you douch!

What the hell happened to Pirate????

What a bunch of pussies on PBB these days.

Where did all the hardcore PBB'ers go??????????:shaking:

·
Registered
3,232 Posts

they were all humbled at you complete and total awesomeness and realized they would never be as amazing as you are so they left :flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
are You Fawking Kidding Me!?

Do A Fawking Search You Douch!

What The Hell Happened To Pirate????

What A Bunch Of Pussies On Pbb These Days.

Where Did All The Hardcore Pbb'ers Go??????????:shaking:

Fuck You

·
ZUK Herder
4,496 Posts

i think search is broken
:edit: nope its still there :flipoff2:

Attachments

·
Registered
703 Posts
brought up the search just for shits and grins, came up with a few topics on "stuck tcase". (don't search "stuck transfer case" you won't find shit) The crazy thing was that in the 2 that I looked at, the guys got flamed right off the bat and called all kinds of shit because they couldn't figgure out that they needed an 8 dollar shifter sheet. As the topics continued past the flaming, and helpfull people stepped in, it was found that one of them just had his rails misaligned and probably needed a new ball, the other guy had a busted T-case and needed to replace the whole unit. One of the best parts was that the sig file on the biggest flamer read "Kindness is a sign of strength, not weakness" :shaking:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well just to let all you(hard core :mr-t:bad asses) know I pulled the t-case out and the shift rails were misaligned.the shift ball at the bottom is in great shape. I am new to this site, I didnt use the search but I received good responses from fellow sammy owners on this forum. I am just waiting for the new shift sheet to come and I will be back on the trail. I think unkess you know someone don't be quick to judge. you dont know me never seen my rig up close never seen my shop, etc... I asked a question and I got good answers its called resourcing. it worked. :flipoff2:

you posted it yourself that you tried the search and did not come up with much. and when you link something to a thread post it so that we can read it.

they were all humbled at you complete and total awesomeness and realized they would never be as amazing as you are so they left
Yesterday 01:53 AM
wtf?

·
ZUK Herder
4,496 Posts
I'm not trying to flame here, but you have to understand this is pirate.. its for hard core tech and thats what it is known for.
However,the flaming in this thread is because it is one of the most widely asked topics.
It has a new post started the least every 2 months ... after a years of hearing the same question over and over people get sick of seeing it and it clutters up the forum.
The only one more annoying is the "my check engine light is on" or "what is this little switch" questions. booth of witch I am fairly sure are in the Chilton's and Haynes manual.
The other reason some of the veterans flame newbs is if you look around pirate this is not the correct resource to be asking simple questions like what is the right oil for my zuk or my clutch is sticking. This is a Hard core rockcrawling site. Think we're bad go to the yota forum.
when you need those questions answered Look in the FAQ (frequently Asked Questions anything not in there is in Acks FAQ link http://www.acksfaq.com/ or you could try IZOOK http://www.izook.com/tech/ (both are listed in the FAQ)
If you want a forum for simple dress up items and common every day repairs along with some good builds sprinkled in, there are other Zuk based forums for that
may I suggest:
http://www.zuwharrie.com/ or maybe http://www.zukikrawlers.com/index.php
BTW this :flipoff2: is not to be mistaken for this :flipoff:
:flipoff2: is a signature almost freindly joke in Pirate the other is exactly what it is.
so sit back enjoy the knowledge posted here and if for some reason you find a question that is never been answered by all means ask, if not ..... search NEWB! :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
I'm not trying to flame here, but you have to understand this is pirate.. its for hard core tech and thats what it is known for.
However,the flaming in this thread is because it is one of the most widely asked topics.
It has a new post started the least every 2 months ... after a years of hearing the same question over and over people get sick of seeing it and it clutters up the forum.
The only one more annoying is the "my check engine light is on" or "what is this little switch" questions. booth of witch I am fairly sure are in the Chilton's and Haynes manual.
The other reason some of the veterans flame newbs is if you look around pirate this is not the correct resource to be asking simple questions like what is the right oil for my zuk or my clutch is sticking. This is a Hard core rockcrawling site. Think we're bad go to the yota forum.
when you need those questions answered Look in the FAQ (frequently Asked Questions anything not in there is in Acks FAQ link http://www.acksfaq.com/ or you could try IZOOK http://www.izook.com/tech/ (both are listed in the FAQ)
If you want a forum for simple dress up items and common every day repairs along with some good builds sprinkled in, there are other Zuk based forums for that
may I suggest:
http://www.zuwharrie.com/ or maybe http://www.zukikrawlers.com/index.php
BTW this :flipoff2: is not to be mistaken for this :flipoff:
:flipoff2: is a signature almost freindly joke in Pirate the other is exactly what it is.
so sit back enjoy the knowledge posted here and if for some reason you find a question that is never been answered by all means ask, if not ..... search NEWB! :flipoff2:
Thank you for that........very well stated in a polite manner.

One more suggestion to the newbs if I may: Before starting a thread asking about a common problem or upgrade related to your Suzuki, please SEARCH.....either using the search feature on this forum, google, or the search features on some of the other Zuk-related forums. Then, and only then, if you didn't find the answer you were looking for start a new thread. IF you start a new thread and you searched first, make sure you write something along the lines of "I searched everywhere and couldn't find an answer about..(insert problem here)". And don't lie about it. If you didn't search first it will be easy to figure out and you'll get flamed twice as bad.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Bad timing too. There's been lots of "Hey I obviously didn't bother searching for the answer" questions recently.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dont wake the bears they still want to hibernate!

I think that these links should be posted up some where so that the newbs dont bother the grumpy old men. so many people on somany different types of forums do this kind of thing all the time. I think that if all you are looking for is hardcore experienced rockcrawlers is what your looking for than put a must read when you sign up to aleviate this headache for the vets. I have been helping newbs on other forums for over 8 years now it can get old but if you keep all that info accesible it will be less cumbersome. I think you guys have a great forum but if you assume that someone is an idiot just because you think they have not done something.maybe ask or direct them else where. there is no need to rant rave. I have only been on this forum for a few weeks now. well good luck and I will try to asked more advanced questions only. I could go on and on like you guys do but its just wasting my time....:shaking:

·
ZUK Herder
4,496 Posts
I think that these links should be posted up some where so that the newbs dont bother the grumpy old men.
LIKE MAYBE LIKE THEY ARE IN THE FAQ AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE???????? :shaking:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts