Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed it a couple times recently, mostly on the street. When I would accelerate to quickly usually starting out in a turn(like at a stoplight) I would hear a light grinding. Now, I was in Moab last weekend and whenever I would cruise along in 2wd low, if I hit the gas too hard it would grind a bit and I finally figured out the passenger side shifter(the 2wd-4wd lever I have a twin stick) kept popping back slightly towards 4wd. If I held it in 2wd it wouldn't do it.
I have dual cases with a Front Range Offroad twin stick in my t-case. When its in 4wd, no problems at all. Wondering if maybe the driveline is moving too much and the shifter is possibly hitting the body now that I think about it.....Are there detent springs that could be wearing out? It doesn't seem to likely to me, usually when something like that wears out its the other way around, like it pops out of 4wd....
Any ideas??

Jeremy

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
maybe I should instead ask "how do I change to a solid axle," or "lets see your waggie flex pics!"
Or how about "MT/R vs SX, what tire should I get?"

Then I could get some help, at least a "search" response.

·
Registered
608 Posts
The problem is most likely with your motor mounts. You've probably beat the snot out of them with that combo and it's allowing your entire drivetrain to flex on torque.

Try to chain them down and take her for a spin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts