Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so we've tried the instructions in the manual, and it reads exactly like described above. We've also tried rolling, on the towbar, going forwards and backwards, pointing uphill and pointing downhill. We have a 2007 Ram 3500 single wheel Megacab 4x4 with the 5.9L Cummins and automatic. The truck has about 65,000 miles on it. We've been using it to tow our 30' boat and 26' enclosed car hauler for years. This last year we downsized, sold our Wrangler, and got a massive towbar for the Ram. The towbar works great, the instructions worked the first time, but now we've had no luck on engaging neutral on the t-case so we can tow it. My wife had to drive it a few times rather than flat tow because we couldn't get it into neutral. We towed from Havasu to Williams no problem, but on the return trip it wouldn't go into neutral no matter what we did. We stopped in Hackberry (on the old 66) and it went right in. Twice. Now on the current trip, it wouldn't go in at Havasu, Kingman, or Williams.

Is there something that needs a tap with a hammer, is there a connector I need to check, anything? I have difficulty getting up and down with my bad hips, so prefer a direct approach that I can take care of in one fell swoop, if possible.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts