Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thornbirds

Lama said:
Guess Thornbird sales are about 0% up in that neck of the woods.:eek: Thats some soogy sheeeatt.:D
Sad thing is, they actually sell a lot of them. A lot of mall posing goes on up here, and folks like the look. We see them on the trails sometimes, too. Usually, some poor soul saw them for sale, cheap, and thought it was a good way to get knobby tires out on the trail. You are right though, on the trail, they perform very poorly, as they come from the store. I have heard that a good groover can make a pretty decent tire out of them, however.

·
Registered
12,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
D60

Lama said:
Hoop, guess you got your rear diff fixed. Hows the D60SF coming?
Well, still kicking it around. I actually am looking at a D70. Need to crack it open and check spline count, then check to see how much I can shave it. That would save me trouble of setting up a D60 35 spline carrier (I hate setting up gears).

So, still in the planning, counting, measuring stage...

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Great read, Hoop and the pictures were awesome. Looks like
you guys had a fantastic time filled with more challenge than ya
had time for. Thanks for sharin' yer weekend trip with us. I
thoroughly enjoyed seein'/readin' about what northwestern
wheelin' can be like this time of year.:)

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Re: D60

Hooper said:

Well, still kicking it around. I actually am looking at a D70. Need to crack it open and check spline count, then check to see how much I can shave it. That would save me trouble of setting up a D60 35 spline carrier (I hate setting up gears).

So, still in the planning, counting, measuring stage...

Keep us (me) updated on this one - I am thinking along the same lines - I figure my Scout width 44's are on their last season, which just happens to be the current front first season. DOH!

·
Registered
12,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Re: D60

uglyscout said:

Keep us (me) updated on this one - I am thinking along the same lines - I figure my Scout width 44's are on their last season, which just happens to be the current front first season. DOH!
Will do. Hope to get out to BIL this weekend and start yanking stuff.

Axles, springs, bed, and drivetrain are going away. Not sure what to do with the rest of it though....

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Re: Re: Re: TA Trail Run Pics Posted

Hooper said:

<chuckle>

Get that picture off the binder tech board!!!! :D :D :D

Too pretty (and small) to be a real wheeling binder!! :D

yea since that timey little thing handed the binder's they're asses all day :flipoff2:

of course my rig is like the "diet coke" of offroad vehicles...

·
Registered
12,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Re: Re: Re: TA Trail Run Pics Posted

DSI said:

yea since that timey little thing handed the binder's they're asses all day :flipoff2:
Yeah, well...... :p

At least we have a vehicle manufacturer identity, and a production make and model. ;) We get a cool little emblem on our rigs!!! :D

For that matter, I think you spanked every make of vehicle that was on that run.... and we had good representation from the whole range of manufacturers.... :D :D

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: TA Trail Run Pics Posted

Hooper said:

At least we have a vehicle manufacturer identity, and a production make and model. ;) We get a cool little emblem on our rigs!!! :D

umm, you mean your vehicle's have VIN numbers :confused:

and besides it has some identity, identity of what i have NO idea :D

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: TA Trail Run Pics Posted

DSI said:

That's about enough out of you mr smarty pants.:flipoff2: Go on back over to that other board before I take yer stick and beat cha with it.:flipoff2:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts