Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I drive an 83longbox with a chevy 350/350,advance adaptors combo, 6inch lift, 35inch mud kings.
My problem is that i want my factory toy tach to work with my late 70's to early80's carbed chevy 350?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
First, Advanced Adapter 6"lift, never heard of that?

Second, you can modify your tach to work with the V8. You just have to wire it in like you would any other tach, and then re-calibrate it. Do a search for "toyota tach mod" in the yota forum. You'lll find a link to a site that will tell you exaclty what you need and how to do it. It really pretty easy.

Oh yeah, learn to search, it is your only way to make friends here:flipoff2:

·
Registered
695 Posts
I'll be nice since everybody is telling people to us the S*arch function, it actually clogs up the archives. People are just to lazy to help.

Check out Tach Mod for your tach mod.

Oh yeah....he said AA combo, 6" lift....not aa 6" lift:flipoff2: :D

·
Registered
398 Posts
Chad, thats Jay K's article I believe, I actually performed this mod following his directions in that tech article. I wanted my V6 to work with the factory Toyota 4cyl tach. It works great, I have the little 20 turn potentiometer taped to the steering column wiring harness for easy adjustment. It's great, lets me use the factory tach and get rid of an ugly jobber tach zap strapped to the steering column.

Also, I originally had a jobber temp guage double-sided-taped to the side of the dash. I ended up throwing away the GM temp sender and buying a toyota temp sensor, tapping a pipe thread into one of the brass plugs in the intake manifold (Weiand) so the factory coolant guage could work. Did the same with oil pressure sender. All guages work, no jobber guages.

I've been following Jay (and Jack Alford's) tech article for years. The difference is Jay will actually answer questions by email. Here's Jay K's link, excellent source of info:

http://www.mindspring.com/~jayk3/toyota/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts