Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I swaped out the transmission and t-case in my Tacoma for a W56 and pass side drop t-case for my axle swap and the rear driveshaft doesnt bolt up and I cant redrill because the holes in my Taco shaft are bigger than the t-case output flange. I have two questions.

1. Is there a flange of a specific year that is bigger so I can redrill it but alot have the correct splines for the t-case?

2. If I get a driveshaft out of an older truck with the correct cv bolt pattern will it match my diff side?

3. Can I take a cv off the older driveshaft and put it on my taco shaft to mate it up?

I only ask this because I need to do something with this buy Tuesday. I would order the flange adapter but shipping before Tuesday would be outrageous and Im getting low on the $$$ too.

I think I found the answers after searching. I would have done this first but it wasnt working for me.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I think I found that I either need to

1. Get an older driveshaft with the cv that mates to my flange
or

2. Get a flange from a CV front output adn put it on the back since they are bigger.

·
popeye
5,625 Posts
#2 will not work either

what you can do is replace the flange part on the cv with a 84 85 cv peice.
i found that a 99 (?) taco cv rear was the correct length for my 85 xtra cab with duals(already had a cv in there and trashed it).

why not just redrill the flange?

mike

·
popeye
5,625 Posts
Redrilling the flange wont work because the Taco driveshaft bolt pattern is bigger than the size of the output shaft flange.
what you need is a front output flange for the rear(bolts right up). then you either redrill or swap the part of the cv from an 85 to the taco driveline. i know it works because i did it. if you get an older cv shaft you will still need a front output flange in the rear.

mike

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
If I redrill the holes on the old flange the holes would only be less than a 1/16 off of the flange. If I put the bolts in there and weld from the flange over the bolt would that work? The bolts only provide the clamping right? No power is transfered through the bolts? ITs only got to last about 500 miles. The truck needs to be out of the shop by Wednesday and I dont know if I can find a flange before then.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts