Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,930 Posts
that oughta teach us! No constructive hobbies for anyone......seems like it's safer to be a drug dealer/murderer in california than it is to be into motorsports. :flipoff: govt/greenies/libocrats/etc

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
It sickens me to read that for a few different reasons. the first being what happens when you go to camp and theres 100 people there you didn't know were going to be there what do you do? go home or risk getting a ticket? either way it sucks:mad3: The 2nd reason I cannot post because theres a good chance that it would bite me in ass

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
It doesn't apply to BLM land or SVRA's

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
It doesn't apply to BLM land or SVRA's

BLm in their rules states that any organised gathering must be permitted.

When I showed up to watch the thing at moon rocks, the BLM cop wanted to know if I was "in Charge". and this was just the drive off between shaffer and Rock-Ape

So I would be careful...

Also BLM watchs this board, just a word to the wise

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I think there needs more defination. Cause i don't EVER see them requiring a permit at GLAMIS? Just wheeling the trails on any given weekend is no organized event. They have required a permit for some time i belive?

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Let me make sure I have this clear.
If I have less than 10 people in my group, I don't need a permit.
If I have more than 10 people in my group, I need a permit.
If I want a permit, it takes 6 weeks or more and $155.
If I get caught without a permit, the fine is steep.

Bottom line, if your group is more than 10 people, be sure to break up into smaller groups and travel different trails.

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
Does this apply to Tourist visiting the US, and enjoying the OHV areas? We are often in groups of 10 or more when we head down on vacation.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
This whole thing sucks. I would just make sure that there are no big groups. Break them up if you do have a big group. And by the way, it is $25 per vehicle for 7 days in Glamis or $95 per year. But once that is paid, they don't care how many people gather.

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
BLM is also required to complete travel management plans for the public lands they have control over.

In Las Vegas, some of the wheelers there have been told they may need a permit if over 4 or 5 rigs.

It all comes down to how the current land manager in charge reads the rules.

I am not going to say to keep the groups small, but if you have a large group, break them up into manageable groups of 7 to 10. Put them all on the trail, and if the trail cop asks if you are with the group in front of you, tell him no. But we might talk to them later at the camp if we see them come through. That way it is partially true?

Todd

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
I am not going to say to keep the groups small, but if you have a large group, break them up into manageable groups of 7 to 10. Put them all on the trail, and if the trail cop asks if you are with the group in front of you, tell him no. But we might talk to them later at the camp if we see them come through. That way it is partially true?

Todd
You haven't been to the lake bed with the Benders!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts