Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after talking to jesse last night,,,i have come to the conclusion that i will have too much lift for my solid axle chevy conversion. i have 8in superlift springs for the front. they have 6 leafs in the spring pack.im wondering if i could take the bottom 3 leafs out of the pack to reduce my lift? just the 3 leafs would drop the pack down 1in,,,and then without the extra support,it will come down a little more when the weight of the truck is on it. i think it will work caause look at the old front chevy springs,,,they only have 2 leafs in the pack. any pros or cons to my idea?

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Remove 3 leafs and replace 2 of them with something of less lift or you will have some realy bad axle wrap. Your 2 leaf system was designed to work that way and the 6 leaf was designed to work with 6 not 3.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
You can give it a shot but bring and extra driveline with u-joints just incase it doesn't hold up.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya,but im not wheeling this rig,,,just to ride in on the weekends and to take to the beach for spring break. i have 3 other rigs i wheel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts