Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking that I would like a bigger cab. I found the double cab mod, http://www.wildyoats.com/super_cab_modification.htm , and I love it. I would also like to go a bit taller as well. If someone has done this, please post up! (Yes, I searched)

FYI: My bedsides are trash from rust, so I'll be building a flatbed and don't mind using parts cut from the bed to make this work.

What I was thinking:

Cut the roof off, along with the rear wall that the double cab mod removes.

Build an internal cage matching the new dimensions. The cage will be welded to the frame.

Mount the double cab parts and the roof up to the new cage.

Fill in the gaps with sheet metal, weld and do the bodywork.

I'd probably be alright with more room in the rear via the double cab mod. Then I could move the seat back and recline a bit. The reason for wanting more height is primarily to give more space for the cage and my head. I'm 6'4" and vertical space is somewhat limited in the Toy cab.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Toyofast said:
The wildyoats one is neat and all but this is much better:
http://www.cascadecrawlers.com/yabbse/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=2090

Here's mine by end of summer, I'd like the added part removable but haven't decided yet:
:eek:

OMG!! That's fawkin cool! Thanks for the link! Your's is looking damn good as well. I didn't realize there were a lot of people doing this sort of thing. Now I don't feel quite as insane as I did when I was starting to think in this direction. Hmmm... new ideas. Now I need to find an intact cab.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I cant get the link to open up on about the casadecrawlers. i am looking into doing something similar to the wildyoats super cab modification but if theres something better out there to look at, id like to see it

·
Premium Member
29,440 Posts
Have you checked out the "low and slow quad cab project" here in Toyota Tech? Sounds similiar

Link Here

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Not sure what generation you are working with but 84-89 4 runners have a little taller cab than 84-88 pickups. Windshield and doors are the same but they have an extra inch or so above the rain gutter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts