Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched for hours/days... and nothing good... All the pictures show the axle end of the traction bar.

I am looking for a picture of the forward/upper/frame traction bar mount, Scout II applications, with stock drivetrain, would be ideal!. I am having a tough time visualizing how to mount it on my Scout. I can draw pictures all day and still not come up with anything good....

Also how thick of material did everyone use on the axle mount backet?

I need to get some of my wheel hop under control before I break any more axle shafts... :flipoff2:

·
Registered
871 Posts
well my scout stuff is long gone, but my setup should work on any scout II... the only difference would be the axle tub size... my tubing is1" 156 wall, then 2" square stock for frame support, made my axle mount out of 1/4" plate, I used 3/4 rod ends on one end of traction bar " axle end" other end I used shackle mounts off a chevy, then tubing with cherekee bushing, I'll try to find some good pics.. this is the shackle end and the 2" square tubing mount to frame

Attachments

·
Registered
871 Posts
this one is the rod end, end.. kinda shows mount to axle tubing

Attachments

·
Registered
871 Posts
heres a little better pic

Attachments

·
Registered
12,930 Posts
uglyscout said:
I have searched for hours/days... and nothing good... All the pictures show the axle end of the traction bar.

I am looking for a picture of the forward/upper/frame traction bar mount, Scout II applications, with stock drivetrain, would be ideal!. I am having a tough time visualizing how to mount it on my Scout. I can draw pictures all day and still not come up with anything good....

Also how thick of material did everyone use on the axle mount backet?

I need to get some of my wheel hop under control before I break any more axle shafts... :flipoff2:

It might not be the *best* system, it might not even be *correct*, but it sure works well, and it is beautiful in its simplicity.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts