Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

For everything... http://www.ih8mud.com/tech/tbi350.html

Done, running, no codes. Have a few little things to figger out, but want a test weekend in first. Idle speed is about 650-700, would like to lower that, and when you rev it up, it doens't immediately drop back to idle....little stuff, but will figger that out eventually....

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Woody,
Try cleaning the IAC inthe throttle body and following the tune up procedures in the factory shop manual for setting min idle speed, IAC reset and check the TPS voltage...I cant remeber what order to do that in... I can flash you a new prom for a lower idle speed.

-Brett

·
Registered
673 Posts
Looking good there woody. Did you do all the install yourself? How long did it take to install it if you did it? What was the total cost of the swap? Thanks and nice work.

·
Banned
471 Posts
TBI swap

The swap looks great!! but I think the idle is spot on for factory. And also the IAC will catch the idle and bring it down slowly, unlike a carb setup, so that may be normal!! MAP reading should
be about 1.0-1.1V at idle and when floored(if you have a quick responding scanner) will go to approx. 4V at WOT. You can also check this with key on/engine off. Also make sure you have no inconsistentcys(?) with the slow application of the accelerator!
In other words make the voltage goes up or down consistently
and doesn't skip from say 1.4V to 2.0V and back to 1.5V when
you are slowly depressing and releasing the pedal.
GOOD LUCK, it'll be fun to climb 75deg. hill with no stall!

Kruzrtek

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tested her good this weekend....couple ravine moments with the drivers front about 6-7' in the air, still purring like a baby. Did take a while for the idle speed to keep running, wanted to stall, but once I removed my battery disco lever and stopped kicking that :rolleyes: things got much better...lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts