Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Starting about a year ago my jeep started randomly dieing. It has been parked since then because I have not had any time to work on it. Posted in the chevy fourm and they gave me some suggestions but they didn't fix the problem so I am looking for some fresh ideas.

Heres what happens. The jeep will run for between 2 min and 20 min. It seems to die whether the engine is hot or cold. I replaced the ignition control module today and it still does the same thing. I also checked the fuel pressure. It reads 9-10 psi which is spot on according to my Chiltons manual. The fuel pump runs for about 3 sec after the engine dies so it doesn't seem to be anything related to the fuel pump or pressure relay. I am going down to Kragen to pickup a new oil sending unit but I have a feeling thats not the problem. Any other suggestions?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I'm thinking a ground or 12v hot to the computer. I just had my ass kicked the other day by mine on the rockpile in my OWN BACK YARD.:shaking:
changed the coil, pickup, looking at plugs, etc. Ended up being a bad "system ground" on D1 terminal. resoldered the ground(ing) wire, started right back up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts