Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked up this truck as a trade for car i hardly ever used anymore off of a guy here on the boards. It had a pretty solid drivetrain and an AWFULL body. it was covered in hurculiner that was falling off all over, full of bondo to cover the bullet holes from when the truck had previouly been stolen and thrashed.

I started stripping it down and just couldn't handle painting over all the junk that was already there, so i decided to go a different route. Bare Metal! It really sets this truck apart and i think will only look better with each additional dent.

As for the rest of the build, im going with trational toy mods.

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
At least clear it so it doesn't turn to shit. Good idea though, save money on paint.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im going to put a satin finish clear on it, himidity is out of control here in houston.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
we swapped in some 63's last night, my work partner Scruff McGruff aka Nick.

Moved the front hanger forward 11" and the shackle hanger back 4" reusing the factory hanger.

Attachments

·
Registered
415 Posts
I started stripping it down and just couldn't handle painting over all the junk that was already there, so i decided to go a different route. Bare Metal! It really sets this truck apart and i think will only look better with each additional dent.
Delorian doors and a flux capacitor!!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, i might have robbed scammed a little on back to the future. You got the best of both worlds here, the delorean and the toyota pick-up ( though not nearly as clean )

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
I think it is time for a name change...Bare Steelie..no more of the Texas and Sammi crap :D

I have an idea on the front bar of the cage...guess we'll see how far it went when you get here in the morning. :flipoff2:

Nick

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think it is time for a name change...Bare Steelie..no more of the Texas and Sammi crap :D

I have an idea on the front bar of the cage...guess we'll see how far it went when you get here in the morning. :flipoff2:

Nick
Hey there hause, we can leave the texas/nor cal battle in the shop. But yeah, i could use a name chane i just dont wanna go through all the 'newb' stone throwing.

And yeah, i thought it was about time to post up. Im getting really anxious now that its starting to come together

·
Registered
415 Posts
Keep up the good work, nice front hanger, i just got a set of chevys for my runner, now i just need to stop typing and start wrenching...

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
real nice work on the hanger. did you use 3/16''' or 1/4''? what are you treating the bare metal with to keep it from rusting? houston = humidity
i used 1/4" on the main sides and 1/8" to box it all in. I would have liked to have done it all out of 3/16" but i had to make due with what was lying around.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Got something bent up...I'm on the fence about it so we'll see if we like it in the morning....It's still not bad for the first try but it may need a rev2.....(bet your coming in at 6 now :D )

Nick

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got something bent up...I'm on the fence about it...we'll see if I like it in the morning....It's still not bad for the first try.....(bet your coming in at 6 now :D )

Nick

You sneaky little bastard. Thats not a bad deal though, im not even at the shop and work is being done. Sweet.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
finished up about 90% of the spring swap in the rear. Also "rolled" some tube to match the windshield radius. No one we know has a roller so we had to make due....

More pics tomorrow

Attachments

1 - 20 of 171 Posts