Pirate 4x4 banner
41 - 60 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
trust me, rust wont be an issue on this thing. once this thing is all together and all the trimming and mods are done on the body im taking it to a paint booth across the parking lot for a 'real' clear coat. No rattle cans.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
we tinkered around a bit tonight. I cut down the overload on my 63's and swaped in an IFS rear while nick bent up the shackles to comp. for the additional width of the new springs....OH, and check out the aux brake fluid res.

I need to figure out something on a parking break. Id really like to have a traditional hand break that i can use while im driving rather than the locking dash style that toyotas run.

Seems the build has been slowing down a little since we pushed back our run to K-rocks, but things are getting done right and im not having to try and put it all back together on such a tight budget. A thanks to everybody who's been helping with parts and labor...toyfamily, wckedyota, srv8800 and gp_frk.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
The rigs looking great mate!
Is that the ifs arse end out of Nick's runner?
When do you hope to have it done by?
Shane

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
The rigs looking great mate!
Is that the ifs arse end out of Nick's runner?
When do you hope to have it done by?
Shane
Not quite, though this rig is a true bastard child. I'm pulling part from where ever i can find them and luckily half the guys i know are building toyota's. I think im gonna have to put together a list of all the different rigs this truck spawned from.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Next build session is on friday, should be a late night. I have to make some mods to my frenched hangers. The spring is hitting the back of them so more clearance is neaded.

the steering box is just about done. i just need to weld it up. I also made the frame notch for for the castle nut on top of the pitman arm. It was no easy task. I ended up cutting a section out of a bent piece of 1.5" tube. The 5.5" radius almost matched right up with the swing of the pitman arm. It pays off in the end, I measured 4.5" uptravel before interferance between spring and tie-rod end.:D

Youll have to excuse the weld there. I started with a streight notch with nearly perfect fitment, Only to find out the nut hit half way through. Then came rev II that worked but the fitment was all turded up since i had already made the cuts for the original:shaking:

Attachments

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
I still have yet to finish my steering but decided to work on something a little more exciting to kindle the flame a bit. So...some cage work.

The B-hoop is acctually one that toyfamily started with and revised for a tighter fit in "The Beard". It found its way into the back of my cab and being the bastard truck this is, it worked awsome. I pulled some down tubes out of ...i dont even know where, and am really satisfied with how they turned out. The bender and I are getting along better and better.

Here are some pics...now im off to go wash this poo eating grin off my face.:smokin:

Attachments

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 · (Edited)
bent to 32' and turned to 70'....notch angled at 5' and turned to.....right about there:laughing:

I took a bunch of meds, went to get lost in the woods and it just came to me....

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Jees Nick, waddafawk djew go to tegsass fo :flipoff2:

See you haven't lost any of your bending skills though. Show dem boy's how to build a Kali style wheeler. Looking good.

41 - 60 of 171 Posts