Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im probably gonna regret this, I built my Sam w/o asking one question, just search/reading on this board, but I finally am going to.
I built a beefed up long side t-case support & after a year of use, (probably sooner,just didnt notice) bent the short side.
Question,what are you using and why. Was thinking of fabbing my own, to justify my welder, but was looking for abuse... er, opinions before doing anything.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
I use the mighty kong bucket from TT.....almost similar to the forrest bucket made by Bill4rest on the board...almost every vendor has there own version of strengthing the arms and I am sure that they will all work....you could even try to put small gussets on the small arm to beef it up;)

:grinpimp:

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Yea, there are a lot og guys who have beefed up their short side mounts. I would bet that searching wouldn't turn up anything either. Gey yourseff a good straight one and add some metal wherever you can. Sorry for the crap answer, but that's all I can offer

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
I am using the T-case bucket from Trail Tough and love it. I also beefed up the mounts that are on the frame and use poly bushings in stead of the rubber. Give Brent a call www.trailtough.com

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
I welded a 1/4" flat piece across the short side.
I welded a 1"x1" square tubing along the long side.
It's been like that for two years, works fine with a 4:1 box and motor and R&P.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I also welded some 1/4" thick plate and 1/8" 2" square tubing along the long arm, also welded some 1/4" thick plate and made it meet the 3 bolts around the input shaft similare to the MEGA-mount transfer case arm that Rock Road Sells and Spidertrax
HD T-Case Arms, got new poly bushing mounts for both the long and short, held up fine for about 1/2 year running 6.1 Tcase with stock 3.73 R/P so it's definately stressing the mounts hard, was planning to beef up the short side too, but it's held up just fine I keep a close eye on it but nothing has happened.

Just brake out the welder and add a bunch of steel on to your existing long and short arms and grab the three output shaft bolts that are available you'll be just fine and save the $$$ for more :beer: :beer:

Paul

·
Registered
330 Posts
you could

just take some 1/4 inch steel wire and bend it to the shape of the mount and weld it in place......top and bottom.......or you could do like i did and get the MIGHTY KONG t-case buket........then you will have no more problem.......or get one of the other vendors buckets..........i dont know about the other buckets but i am impressed with what i now run.......................

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
I beefed up my arms on my case also but what is the reason you do it? Why do the bend? Because of tork that goes through the case and get's put on the arms. I would say that putting a bucket on there is much better because to transferrs the tork from the case to the bucket. Just a one step process instead of a two step.

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
FLEXYSAMMY said:
I beefed up my arms on my case also but what is the reason you do it? Why do the bend? Because of tork that goes through the case and get's put on the arms. I would say that putting a bucket on there is much better because to transferrs the tork from the case to the bucket. Just a one step process instead of a two step.

;)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts