Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so I have a 1984 Dodge w100 4x4 318 auto 4lo in my tcase was not working in 4lo. so I found another tcase to swap over. The tcase I pulled out is a np208 I changed it out for another np208 out of a 86 ramcharger. Got it all back together and am still having the same problem. I unhooked the shifter and put the tcase in 4lo from under the truck started it and it started to grind and jumped out of 4lo. With the shifter adjusted 2hi works fine 4hi works fine when shifted into natural there is a slight growl and when shifting to 4lo is just grinds and will not shift. You can shift from 2hi to 4hi and back just fine but if you put it in N of try to put it into 4lo it just grinds when you try to put it back into 4hi or 2hi. You have to shut the truck of and then put it in 2hi and then its fine.

Am I at the point I need to buy a NEW tcase of rebuild mine. What tcases will bolt right up to my truck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
where you moving when you put it in 4lo?

·
Canuckastani
1,703 Posts
where you moving when you put it in 4lo?
This...

If you answer yes, please sell your truck and go buy a fucking civic.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
Is your transmission in gear when doing this? It helps to be in neutral and to shift with a little bit of authority.

Work range fork, or the groove where the fork rides will cause this as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts