Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Looks good.
Id add these (in red) in. But that's just me.
Yeh there is still some tube left to do, but had to take advantage of having help over the weekend to flip the chassis around. Corner gussets, as well as the tube for the important stuff like speakers. Also left some of the door bracing out to make it easier to wire and plumb the rig as well.:beer:

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Been a while since I have updated this thread. I have been busy working on the rig and doing family things.

Lifetime Led lights came in. I bought them through Luke at Frontier 4x4. The big light is a 41.5" combo beam, and the smaller one is the 13.

Made a removable mount for the front light and mounted the big one across the top.

We also mounted up a new Trail Gear full hydro pump. I have been running the hydro assist pump for years, but when we add water to the tires it just doesn't cut it.

Speakers mounted.

Cooler fits perfect.

Couple of steekers on the hood

One on the roof

Took it out for some testing on the 26th. The rig worked great. Broke one part, but it was something I was testing for a sponsor. That's why we text things.

The rig is almost completely done. Off to KOH on Weds am.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
You should take some overall pictures of his rig. Turned out awesome. Gotta love when a 1.3L is at the top of backdoor with no winch. :smokin:
Yep completely stock 1.3 other than propane. Yeh I really need to get some pics of it. When I wheel I tend not to stop to take them. Mist of the time I even forget to turn on my GoPro.

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Yeah i hear you on that. Im guilty of that myself. This rig deserves the attention though. How do you like 110 on the 37s? Do you have belly issues? im setting the wb on mt new rig now, and have been kicking around what to make the wb. I'll be on 37s for awhile, but wanna jump to 39s eventually.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Yeah i hear you on that. Im guilty of that myself. This rig deserves the attention though. How do you like 110 on the 37s? Do you have belly issues? im setting the wb on mt new rig now, and have been kicking around what to make the wb. I'll be on 37s for awhile, but wanna jump to 39s eventually.
I really like being at 110, but with all the steering angle Toyota asked have it really helps having a rear disconnect in the tight stuff. I hit the belly every now and then, but tend to hit the rear lower links more. With the rig being real light belly dragging really isn't too big of an issue. For the extreme break overs I cone across once in a while I may have to really give the rig hell and play with the front and rear winches. Overall I wouldn't change anything. Now I just need to get some good seat time in the rig to see what it will really do.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
Put the rig on some corner scales Saturday.
rig is 2888 no driver
49.7% driver 1434
50.3% passenger 1455
56.7% front 1639
43.3% rear 1250

3083 with me
51% driver 1599
49% passenger 1483
56.1% front 1730
43.9% rear 1352

Then took my son out to play for a few hours at Hollister.

Lifetime LED 13.5" spot beam mounted on the front. The table is about 60 feet

Lifetime LED 41.5" combo flood/spot same 60 feet. It could be adjusted up a tad, but I didn't bring anything for tools. Tons of light though.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
So George came over on Saturday to lend a hand with the rig. We pulled the t-case and swapped out case halves. The case that was in the rig had epoxy holding it together since last July. It was starting to leak so I figured it was time to swap it out.

Getting it ready to pull the t-case out

The old roof makes a great workbench

The epoxy and doubler along with some left over KOH dust

George going to town on the donor case

Parts

My Boxer about ready to snatch the pizza out of George's hand

I also got a set of seat sliders for the rig from Luke at Frontier 4x4. I can't wait to get these installed.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
When it was at 102 it was sitting on stock width Yota axles, Detroit lockers, 3.5 inch Deaver YJ springs with a couple of the removed, Celica steering box, 37" Boggers for a while then 37" Krawlers. If there is something else you need to know let me know and I'll see what I can remember.

21 - 40 of 148 Posts