Pirate 4x4 banner

121 - 140 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
It's sitting on my trailer right now. I have someone interested in it, but they have yet to come and get it. If I don't have it sold in the next few days to a week I will just take it to the recyclers.

$500 comes with some floor and fire wall panels along with skins as long as the buyer removes decals.
Her going to get like 50 bucks for it at the scrap yard. If it don't sell for $500 why wouldn't you lower your price and still make more than scrap?

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
It's been a while since any updates. I changed shops in 2015 and was working 12-16 hour days 6 days a week. The rig sat, but the list of goodies for the rig piled up in the house. Started tinkering on it last summer than ran into some issues that just were not going to work. We are back at it now and hope to have it ready by the 1st round of Nor-Cal. Currently it's up at Any7Off-road where they are moving my front links in order to shove the engine forward. Here is a pic of how it stood when it was brought up there.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Specs on all the goodies

The chassis will be built by myself
1 3/4 .120 wall DOM on most of the exterior
1 3/4 .188 and .25 wall on sliders and sub frame.
1 1/2 .120 and .095 everywhere else

Ecotec LNF from Custom Built Motors
Water-air intercooler
TH350
Atlas 4.3

Front axle
Trail Gear 9" 3.5" dia 1/4 wall
Spidertrax C's and Knuckles
Willwood 6 piston calipers
Spidertrax Shafts
Longfield joints
Nitro Gear 10" aluminum 3rd w/5:43 gears and spool
PSC XR 2.52" x 8.75" ram
Fox 2.0 RR coil over
Fox 3.0 3 tube bypass
Fox 2.0 bumps

Rear axle
Trail gear 9" 3.5" dia 1/4 wall
Kickass Off-Road 300M axles
Nitro Gear 10" aluminum 3rd w/5:43 gears and spool
Willwood 4 piston calipers
Camburg trailing arms
Fox 2.5 RR coil over
Fox 3.0 4 tube bypass
Fox 2.5 bumps
Kickass Off-Road sway bar

39" BFG's on Trail Gear beadlocks

Harmon Racing 15 gallon aluminum bladder cell
Holley Hydromat
CBR 31 x 16 radiator with heat exchanger
Sparco 2000 II seats with PRP belts

18" belly with 8.5" of shock in the front and 10" in the rear

Hoping on keeping it light for the rocks, but still have it perform good in the fast stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
I need your honest opinion on those tires, compared to the reds. In the crawling aspect.
take it for what its worth, but the guys at Jackson motorsports group say the kr3-s is not nearly as sticky as the krawler for pure rock crawling tire .... but the carcasses are a lot stiffer/robust than reds and they are not "capped" like the reds

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
Update on the car

We entered the Ultra 4 Nationals last month to give it a go in the 4400 class. We arrived early on Thursday to tech the car and give us time if needed to make any changes. It passed on the first shot

Went out for some practice and started have trans temp issues, but overall it felt good. We parked it, ran into Summit and grabbed another trans cooler. By that time the track was closed so we were done for the day. That evening some crazy winds came up and destroyed our canopy just as I was saying we should take it down. Later that night the rain began and it got interesting due to the fact we were sleeping outside. Here is what camped looked like in the morning.

Friday we went back out for practice and the trans issues were gone. Later that day it was time to run the qualify lap. I noticed trying to back the car out of the pits that it felt like the brakes were on, but figured maybe it was because everything was cold. Pulled up to the starting line and when we left the car was a slug. Going up the back straight during practice we could pull good in second gear, but during qualifying as soon as I shifted into second it would fall on its face. Turned down into the rocks and that's when I knew something wasn't right as the car was pulling hard to the drivers side. Halfway down the rocks and I could see the drivers front flopping around. We still managed to finish the course, but we were done for the weekend.

The unit bearing let go breaking the axle, caliper, brake hat, and rotor.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #138

Friday night was clear, but on the cooler side good thing we have good sleeping bags.

The new parts have arrived. Switching all the unit bearings over to Spidertrax Ultimate with 5/8 studs. This change forced us to also go with the Spidertrax brake hats, and new stub shafts. I'll have to get the rear shaft cut down as well. Once the roof leak is fixed in the shop, we will get to installing these goodies.

121 - 140 of 148 Posts