Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only got the first section of the race cause the memory card never ended up getting changed, but at least I got some of the fast exciting stuff :flipoff2:

From the start line to the beginning of Crowbar......with a slight intermission or 2.

Team Rockit #88 KOH 2010 on Vimeo

BTW YouTube sucks. After it locking up several times during upload, then taking hours to process they rejected the video because it was too long. Vimeo FTW!

·
Registered
834 Posts
The TJ's a derby maachine,thnx for vid.
I'll assume the wingnuts are a "don't ask,don't tell"item.

·
pro web-wheeler
21,640 Posts
The wingnuts were quick hoodpins for the Lexan hood we got from Trentfab. And yep, the TJ was a runner until we had steering issues.

·
Registered
66 Posts
DAMN! You guys were hauling ass! thats freggin' awesome!

top speed?
Yea I noticed that they only got passed once in the open desert section in the whoops by what looks like a moon buggy, don't know who it was though. Man hauling ass on that lakebed must be awesome I'd love to feel that rush one day!

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
Only had time to watch the first 6min, but that rig and driver are very fast for not being a full on buggy. I was blown away by how quick it is for what you guys are working with. Good job Dustin and Dallas, I don't see why that rig couldnt be a solid contender in any race!

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Thanks Dallas and Dustin for the great in-car!

I really enjoyed it because:

1) Danny Grimes and I marked that course from mile 2 onward, so I know every foot of it. It was great to see it from that perspective (and a lot faster than we did it in my 4Runner!).

2) Crowbar is my trail and it is so cool to see you and the other competitors going down it! It looks like you ran into a traffic jam just before the v-notch where we had to do the most work breaking the trail. Too bad the video ended right there.

Congratulations on an awesome entry and a heroic effort!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Nice footage. The Jeep looks dialed. Suicide passing FTW! Go Pros always make stuff look fast. And considering how much you guys were hauling, it looks REALLY fast!

And x2 on VIMEO. Youtube sucks. Vimeo is the best way to go. The idiots haven't caught on yet, which is nice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts