Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TRD said:
I'm not that fancy.

I have a little grinder I bought at Kragen that fits in the knuckle. I use that to debur.

Then I use the end of the handle on the hammer to pound it straight in.

Maybe I need to dig up some scrap to copy your tool

You know the fawker that built it for me, he likes playing with shocks. :D He will be riding with me on the Rubicon this weekend I'll tell him to make one for you.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Neat tool! My 2 1/8" socket that I bought for the spindle nut, when turned around, makes a great seal installer.. ya just put a 6" extension in backwards for a handle.. the slop between the extension and the socket gives it a little "impact action"..

But yours is certainly nicer.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I have been using a method that works great on my truck. Same deal though.
both craftsman sockets, but others should work too.

Take a 24mm impact socket. It fits inside of a 32mm regular socket. The seal fits tightly over the 24mm and stops at the 32mm. little extension for hammering. Perfect everytime. Even with a slightly buggered surface.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmmmm.
I really need to update my cave man methods.
Last time was a rock and a hunk of 2x2 narrowed down. :shaking:

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
here is my not-so-fancy tool. I threw it together on night when we were working on my friends FJ. We were working outside and it was freezing big time. good times :D

... made from various pieces of scrap I had lying around as usual. Total fabrication time : about 5 minutes :flipoff2:

:beer:,

Attachments

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
That's a neat tool, I'd buy one. Frencie's is cool too.
I'm still using a socket turned backwards and an extension.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Mines bigger... and much cooler.

My son turned this out for me last summer on his lathe (after I designed it), made it out of some hard maple scrap. I tried encouraging him to start cranking them out and selling them, but he decided to go hang out with his friends instead.

Works great!!

·
Registered
569 Posts
i walk across the shop and grab the sst out of the tollbox and im set.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts