Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Cool, but gotta ask why? What are you hoping to get out of the swap?

I had a 300 in my last rig and tthe toy stuff shifts like a road racer compared to that yankee unit. The output is also prone to fail.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
scwafish said:
Cool, but gotta ask why? What are you hoping to get out of the swap?

I had a 300 in my last rig and tthe toy stuff shifts like a road racer compared to that yankee unit. The output is also prone to fail.

upgraded 32sp output ;)

the whole deal behind the swap is for cutting brakes, no one has a driveline disconnect for sale, OTT is slower than frozen molasis, and my season start's in 2 weeks and not having cutting brakes last year was a hinderance, a severe one!

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
scwafish said:
How does a 300 help with cutting brakes? I didnt think you could do the Atlas front drive only thing with a 300.

if you make a 300 a twin stick and grind off the detent plate you can :D

the atlas is basically a beefed up copy of a 300, but the rear shaft is unlockable just like an atlas, actually all Dana case's are unlockable to front drive only :D

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
scwafish said:
Well that IS HUGE. I asked about that a long time and everyone said no way. Do you have a right-up on how to do it?
when it's done and in and i figure out how to fit a set of shifter's in a buggy i sure will... i figure another week or two if i have somewhere to host it ;)

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
DSI said:

when it's done and in and i figure out how to fit a set of shifter's in a buggy i sure will... i figure another week or two if i have somewhere to host it ;)
I'm sure Lance would put it in the tech section too

1 - 12 of 12 Posts